Who here owns a Subaru?

Soldato
Hi. I had this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AC1LLQY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Worked a treat and never had battery/power issues once it was in use. :) I just used to plug it in whenever i parked up. (Ran the cable through the inside of the car to the solar panel on the rear shelf.)

Thanks, I had seen that one in my searches. Worth it to save the faffing about, and obviously a good idea to keep the car alarmed etc.

Get one now as the prices are going up week by week.

I was just checking the other day and the cheapest black widetrack i could find was £12k and it had 140k miles on the clock and it sold. Mental.

I bought mine at the right time and one of the reasons why I'm so determined not to let it go. Anyone with any sense would surely sell the car in return for a hefty house deposit... I'm happy to announce that I lack such sense :D

Mad how its hard to get a WRX for £6k now... Could only find these on AT:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201704204595446?atmobcid=soc3

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703223548899?atmobcid=soc3

Im assuming your only after a blob?

That blue one is smart but I really hate STI badges on WRXs.

Ready for a brake overhaul now. Just bought braided lines, ATP TYP200 fluid and new pads.

Pondering whether to round it all off with a Tegiwa brake stopper or not :confused:

I'd probably fit the brake stopper first to give you an indication as to whether it actually does anything. Do you not know anyone who has one that you can borrow?

As a side note, my mate has a pretty well modded WRX with about 350bhp (VF35, 3" turbo back exhaust, STi brakes) which he's just swapped the gearbox due to knackered diff bearings. The replacement box apparently has a straight shaft to bypass the centre diff and send all power to the rear wheels. Sounds a bit mental! I'll hopefully meet up with him this weekend.

Soldato
A modified center diff makes quite an interesting Impreza! I know these things can step the back end out for fun, but this is on another level. It's already a well sorted WRX and this just makes up for the lack of STi drivetrain.

Excuse the moron laughing in the video ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Chaps, quick one on the brakes. Next weekend I'm doing braided lines, new fluid and new pads. When bleeding is the correct order..

NSR > OSR > NSF > OSF

Inside caliper nipple then outside caliper nipple

?

Soldato
I found loads of conflicting info about the bleed order but in the end went with...

OSF > NSR > NSF > OSR

And IIRC, I bled inside nipple first, then outside.

Soldato
Set it to manual mode and have the jog wheel all the way to the back of the car. This is fully open and has a torque split of 69/31 I think. With the jog all the way forward it's a 50/50 torque split.

Soldato
I found loads of conflicting info about the bleed order but in the end went with...

OSF > NSR > NSF > OSR

And IIRC, I bled inside nipple first, then outside.

That seems an odd order!

I watched a Brake Stopper before/after vid last night - convinced me enough to get one. Made an offer on one thats on eBay, if that doesn't get accepted ill just buy one fro Tegiwa direct.

Soldato
I'm sure most people leave it in auto 99% of the time. The car can still be tail happy if you provoke it.

It's only really rain/mud/snow where manually adjusting it will make a noticeable difference. I had a play when it snowed earlier this year and locking the diff made a huge difference to the car's ability to move off.

Soldato
OP
I always have to look it up. First time I did it I didn't do the right order, pedal felt awful.

I meant this for the brakes btw.

DCCD I did auto plus rear (so still auto but rear bias) at Curborough later in the day. The car felt instantly more natural and happier to rotate.

Did a quick 2nd gear pull this evening to show a friend the sound + pops and bangs. In I-mode which is low boost and less ignition timing etc..

:D

Soldato
Nice Kosta!

I'm definitely going to change the exhaust on mine. Everytime I get a ride in my mate's WRX it just makes me giggle with how obnoxious it is :D

Soldato
I think my brake pads were a weak spot at the last Curborough event so I'm tempted to change them. I know they're a bit on the thin side anyway, which won't have helped.

Carbotech, Carbon Lorraine or Performance Friction seem to be fairly performance orientated. Not all that keen on EBC unless someone here has had them and know they work well.

Any hints/tips/feedback?

Back
Top Bottom