Who here owns a Subaru?

Soldato
large.IMG_20171216_145403.jpg.9b5e423e34b5521e3d3d2cca226b00d8.jpg

pic of the new one.

Soldato
Look forward to seeing it at pod meet then if you attend.
Yeah i plan on doing all the meets i can get to. Going to put the prodrive exhaust on it from the wr1, but other than that keeping it completely standard.
Stock wheels were 16s, as are these - so I think they'd be okay. I just don't want to overpay for them. They do have new Blizzaks on, though, which is quite useful.
ok. tbh i'm not sure how much aftermarket wheels are. i know cheaper ones are £400 a set, but these are decent so i guess they would be closer to £1000 new, maybe even more.

Soldato
Swap exhaust/brakes. Sell everything else you'll make a good buck back tbh.
cant swap the brakes over because they dont fit but doing the exhaust for sure. tbh the brakes on the wrx arent that bad compared to some other wrx i have driven before. they are still 4 pot at the front. I'll just change the fluid out before i do any track days then they should be ok :)

Soldato
Those OZs are smart, and if they come with decent tyres I don't think £600 is a bad price. They seem pretty rare.

Jumper, you sure the Brembos don't fit? The WR1 is still 5x100 is it not? I'd be tempted to fit everything I could. Ideally, buy a tidy WRX wagon and use the bits to make an STi wagon.

Soldato
wr1 is 5 x 100, i dont think the calipers fit behind the wheels.

i think the brakes should be worth a lot when i sell them as well :p

what i didnt want to end up doing was stripping the wr1 and ending up with all the parts on the wrx. i could technically swap everything over and have a wrx with 320hp, 6 speed, brembo's prodrive wheels and dccd, but at that point the money i didnt get from selling the bits which can go towards another wr1 have gone into a highly modified wrx which is worth nothing unless i break it and i cant insure it!

Soldato
Very true, a well modded WRX is still a WRX, unless you change the engine, box and all the little bits like alloy control arms and then you might as well have bought an STi.

I'd do it to a wagon, but not a saloon. I absolutely love the thought of a newage STi wagon.

Subaru Impreza Swagon :D

Man of Honour
Very true, a well modded WRX is still a WRX, unless you change the engine, box and all the little bits like alloy control arms and then you might as well have bought an STi.

I'd do it to a wagon, but not a saloon. I absolutely love the thought of a newage STi wagon.

I saw a Blobeye converted Bug STI wagon up for 8k recently. Was a genuine JDM import STI wagon too

Or an imported Legacy Spec-B is close enough

Last edited:
Soldato

you can get one. its called a levorg. the problem is that the 256hp and 300hp versions are japanese models :( they are also auto, but you could do a manual swap.

you can get a 1.6T cvt here but only 2 years models i think as we arent getting them any more from next year.

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews/subaru-levorg-20-sti-sport-59792

tbh i would love a levorg sti, the interior is really good and they look great as well as being practical.

Back
Top Bottom