Who here owns a Subaru?

Soldato
How do those calipers attach to the hub LiamC? Lug mount or radial?

If the bolt heads to the left of your photos are the bolts holding them to the bracket/hub, then that makes them radial mount, so definitely NOT Brembos from a Focus RS, Fiat Coupe, Pug 406 Coupe, or Integra DC5 as all of those are lug mount calipers.

You may be onto something with the Renault links - Clio 200/197, V6, and Megane 226/R26 all use radial mount Brembo 4 pots that look pretty damn similar to those.

Last edited:
Soldato
The other jobs i've discovered, one of which you guys may be able to help with.
When the car came in the EML light was on, and it listed missfire on all 4 cylinders. They owner told me he just had a NPS (neutral position sensor) fitted and they hadn't cleared the code. I cleared the code, but on the test drive I noticed a slight hesitation when accelerating hard, only slight but enough to notice it. No further codes have appeared after a long test drive. Some reading up says MAF and O2 sensor 1 are both common issues that may throw all 4 cylinder missfire codes.
It was last service at subaru in december 2012 and had new spark plugs then so i'd assume those were ok. My initial thought was the pencil coils but surely all 4 at once would be rare. Maybe i'm just fussy, it doesn't really bother me, it may go away once I fix the exhaust leak since its up near the turbo.
My other issue is the stock alloys, they are a bit flaky and scuffed so i'm off to troll for a decent set of used STI wheels.
Looking through the history this things had A LOT of brakes! at least 3 sets per axle since new.
Oh, just found letter from Subaru in amongst the documents for a recall on the lower arms, seems like it hasn't been filled in.

Sounds like the MAF for a hesitation. 02 is too new to have the coilpack failures I believe, that was the ceramic on the older models, and fitting later coilpacks and deleting the ignitor was the fix.

Soldato
Side skirt extensions fitted, from HT Autos single piece, came un-painted and I sprayed them myself Halfords Satin Black 3 coats

b47t.jpg

kvjx.jpg

7vf8.jpg

vr18.jpg

be9m.jpg

Zunsport grill going on at some point this week

Soldato
Haha! What a small world, remind me who you were at the BBQ?

Indeed :p One of the guys mentioned you were coming down and you had a black Scoob - can't be too many Gurdas' out there with the car :D

I'm Harmz - I had the somewhat out of place (compared to the various generation M3's) purple E46 Clubsport :o

Pleasure to meet you though and the car looked immensely clean compared to everything else there!

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed :p One of the guys mentioned you were coming down and you had a black Scoob - can't be too many Gurdas' out there with the car :D

I'm Harmz - I had the somewhat out of place (compared to the various generation M3's) purple E46 Clubsport :o

Pleasure to meet you though and the car looked immensely clean compared to everything else there!

Ah, I remember who you are:) It was nice to meet you and your car looked decent! Arrived a bit late to the party but hopefully next time we can have a better chance to chat.

I have a box of 'on the go' cleaning products in my boot, quick 5 minute jobby helps bring the car up nicely:p

Associate
So I've decided to stick with the WRX wheels on my green bug eye wagon but they need a refurb, the only issue now is what colour. I keep coming back to gold, but finding a green bug eye let alone a wagon picture with anything other than stock wheels is proving difficult.
If I am going gold what's the paint code for the colour like above with gurdas's wheels?

Soldato
Hi guys

I was thinking about joining the Subaru club and have been looking at a few Impreza WRX's as a way of dipping my toe in as it were...

Anyone have any advice on things to check/look out for when trying/buying? I have done a HPI check on one I like which has came back ok but its a 200 mile drive to go and have a look at it so I want to be prepared.

Any help is most appreciated.

Andy :)

Soldato
Quick vid from a trackday i did last Tuesday.

Was pretty happy with the car, i'd entered into the expert session and on rolling into the pitlane mine was the only road car there.. despite that i didn't hold anyone up and had a good tussle with some sort of mini cup car on slicks till he eventually let me past :)

Would really like some driver tuition as i know the car could go a lot quicker around there.

Soldato
I have RE070 on and never had them squeal no matter how retarded I drive. You'd do well to move away from them though, AD08 is a better tyre in every respect. Sounds like you need some geo work first and foremost though.

Soldato
I got those tyres on the front for £3.50 and the back for £0.99. Dunno what to try next, they'll be used purely on track as i have separate alloys for my street tyres so could use anything really.

I've had a full geo done not that long ago when i fitted my coilovers, maybe 12 months now. -1.5 camber on the front, can't remember the other settings off hand.

To be fair you can't heard the squealing in the car unless i get it properly sideways the camera seems to pick it up a lot more mounted to the bumper like that.

Caporegime
what insurance you paying any of you over 40 ?

curious as father in law thinking of changing fully comp its 1000 with a clean license his is modded to about 400bhp but still seems dear to me.

anyone got any recommendations must be fully comp .

Back
Top Bottom