Who owns a Golf GTD / GTI / R?

Soldato
My MK4 mats are only now showing signs of wear (14 years old!) and have never been protected as far as I'm aware... Just buy some cheap mats to replace the originals i would.

nam

nam

Soldato
I believe the Spec has recently been updated on the R's to be Built from May15 onward's including 6.5" standard screen but still no leather. The R32 i believe did also not have leather as standard either for the first two years of production.., Probably will happen before the next Golf Mk8 appears :)

Last edited:

nam

nam

Soldato
My MK4 mats are only now showing signs of wear (14 years old!) and have never been protected as far as I'm aware... Just buy some cheap mats to replace the originals i would.

possibly, but i don't expect cheap mat's too last either with accidents and oops and then dealing with the left over smell's :D I know it's a lease but i still try and maintain it well, without any extra additional costs

nam

nam

Soldato
They just don't make sense. The mats are easily replaceable.

How many miles do you do? 50k a year!!?

Not the mileage, the traffic flow on the mats , small feet more effort, bags, crayons's, chocolate, the list goes on , I have stopped checking shoes now :D

Associate
OP
Not the mileage, the traffic flow on the mats , small feet more effort, bags, crayons's, chocolate, the list goes on , I have stopped checking shoes now :D

I guess I don't have kids, so I would have no idea but it sounds like you need protectors on the seats, doorcards and everywhere else? Surely the mat is the easiest place to clean and if anything will suffer it is the seats?

Soldato
I do think some round twin exits on one side only looks best on the Mk7...

qMyvM1c.jpg

...my views are biased / based on the mk2 though where all the interesting variants still only had twin exits on the left (8v GTI, 16 GTI, G60, Syncro, Rallye).
I think the mk4 R32 worked because it was a V6 but since then they've all been 4 pots haven't they? Which for me, the maximum exits allowed on any 4 pot is twin on one side. Generally speaking I only like seeing multiple on proper super cars with V8 (and bigger) engines and RWD layout...but I am old fashioned. :p

Associate
All good :) but possibly may disconnect the sound actuator as getting a bit of a drone on the long run's , i know that dealers should be able to do this too with a software fix

Just unplug it, only takes 5 minutes, 3 pull off clips that release the plastic trim enough to get a hand in to pull the small plug and reversible at any time you want without the dealer. The R version was even more intrusive on the car I test drove so I do not know what the standard setting is compared to the GTI.

Associate
OP
I do think some round twin exits on one side only looks best on the Mk7...

qMyvM1c.jpg

...my views are biased / based on the mk2 though where all the interesting variants still only had twin exits on the left (8v GTI, 16 GTI, G60, Syncro, Rallye).
I think the mk4 R32 worked because it was a V6 but since then they've all been 4 pots haven't they? Which for me, the maximum exits allowed on any 4 pot is twin on one side. Generally speaking I only like seeing multiple on proper super cars with V8 (and bigger) engines and RWD layout...but I am old fashioned. :p

You could be onto a winner here...

Associate
I've got a Mk5 GTI, love the car but it has quite a few miles on it now (112k)

Being toying with updating to a later model for quite some time but I worry that it might not seem much of an upgrade

Anyone else moved from a mk5 to a mk6/7?

Back
Top Bottom