Who owns a Golf GTD / GTI / R?

Soldato
What people paying for their insurance?

Best quote I'm getting my Mk7 GTD for 25yo, 5,000 miles, 4 years NCB, driving for 7 years, one at fault claim, £200 total excess is £485 fully comp. Although when I add my retired dad on it rises to £554...

I'm with multicar but it works out that I'm paying about £366 with 10 years NCB, driving for 10 years, no claims with my GF on it and I'm 28. Think my postcode is the worst thing about my insurance though.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Thinking of the golf GTE or Audi A3 etron (same) as next company car. Shame the list prices are so high. But tax is about 60 quid a month vs. 300 for my 328i

Had a 59 plate GTD a few years back. Was a good car.

Caporegime
Yes they are supposed to be like that, if you mean the two tone black/silver thing. It seems to be very popular at the moment...

I actually like that wheel style, but in most cases I'd prefer it if they hadn't bothered and just made it all silver. The standard GT86 wheels are a good example of this. :p

The fact that the "pointy bits" of the alloys only follow the movement of the car on one side is playing with my OCD something chronic though...

It's going to take a lot of self-restraint not to order one of these!

Golf R420 confirmed

Hell I'd be tempted if I could afford it. 400BHP as standard, and manual transmission! :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
Yes they are supposed to be like that, if you mean the two tone black/silver thing. It seems to be very popular at the moment...

I actually like that wheel style, but in most cases I'd prefer it if they hadn't bothered and just made it all silver. The standard GT86 wheels are a good example of this. :p

No, I like the two-tone. I meant one side pointing towards the front and the other towards the back. ;)

Soldato
The Golf R32 was too nose heavy to be fun in the twisties, and the twisties are more fun than a straight. :p

Do love one of the comments on the R400/R420 article:

"But I don't think this R400 can keep up with the 600hp Lancers, & these +500hp Honda's Civics.. These "Tuner Racers," know their stuff, and their decent drivers.. But, my driving skills are on a professionallevel, and I know a thing or two about tuning.." :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom