Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I would normally look to a problem with my brakes but there are plenty people who feel the same about them on their own STs.

They work, just no where near as effective as I would expect on a sports saloon.

Soldato
OP
Well yes I agree they could be better and some nice 4 pots or something would be more fitting for such a car :) but it doesn't mean they're not perfectly suitable for road use IMHO.

Anyway this argument always goes round in circles. :D

Am I gonna be the only ST220 at the rolling road tomorrow then? :p

Soldato
Quick question regarding ST220's...I've been recently looking through ads of cars for sale, and one popped up that said it had the "wolf pack" on it.

Whats the "wolf pack" or "wolf edition"?

Wolf Performance (a german company) make a few tasteless aesthetic mods (and some reasonable performance parts) for various Fords.

Profile Automotive started importing bits to the uk, sometimes adding these bits to cars, adding their own 'code red' remap, and badged them up as a wolf edition 'WR' model. Not an officially sanctioned special performance model though, not like the mountune models. I've noticed people badging up cars with the wolf logo when all they've added is a splitter or exhaust or something. This is probably what you have found.

Take a look:

http://www.wolf-performance.com/index.php?language=en

Soldato
Averaged 43.3MPG.

Granted i was doing a indicated 48MPH down the M1 for 14miles. Yes i was bored and trying to see where the ultimate MPG sweet spot.

48MPH in 6th on a level road.

Soldato
OP
Oops..

Took a while to find the old graph..

Old:

94553200.jpg

New, post-exhaust and intake mod and a few miles ;)

nubu.jpg

Ambient temp probably had the most to do with it tbh :D

Soldato
Is the 2.2 diesel engine plagued with the same sort of problems as the 2.0 diesel engine in the non ST Mk3 Mondeo?

Cannot believe how few Mk3 STs are available these days.

Soldato
2.2 TDCI in the Mondy has few problems, injectors, turbos, DMF, tensioners. Well not a few..quite a lot. Had I have known of these, I doubt I would have bought mine. But so far so good for me, typical diesel problems.

Soldato
My 2.2 TDCi hasn't been that bad. In 20K miles it's only had 4x injectors, clutch, DMF, tensioners, exhaust, air con pump, all round brake discs and pads, both rear calipers, both hand-brake cables, the rear sub-frame bushes and 4 new tyres! :D

However, now all thats been done it's fantastic!!!

Back
Top Bottom