Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
OP
Yep, be aware that the rear caliper design changed near the end of 2004 though so as long as your car was made before then, they'll be fine. Easy job, and they seem cheap!

Edit: Just seen it appears to be for a pair! Suspiciously cheap.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
My insurance renewal seems to have dropped loads. I don't think it's down to getting another year's NCB as Admiral only care up to 5 years and I've gone from 8 to 9 years.

Just paid £377.42 for 12 months fully comp including NCB protection and the extra hire car cover. Voluntary excess is £250. Last year the same level of cover was £533.45.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
My ST220 is at a body shop at the moment. Finally getting those dents sorted.

They've given me a Citroen DS3 1.6 petrol as courtesy car. It's pretty nippy actually and quite smooth power delivery for a 4 pot. The steering is jelly though - no feel at all. The brakes have sent my head into the tiny windscreen a few times.

It's only done 500 miles on the clock so I'm going to be breaking it in for them :D

Fuel consumption is quite good given I'm treating it like a hire car.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
The one below, a small one on the front passenger door and a scuff on the bumper under this dent.

uh3w.jpg

What RR?

Soldato
OP
The RR at Powerstation in Tewkesbury on Saturday :p

I'm going and running, yes. You know you want to come.

Amusingly, having just checked Google Maps, the distance from Chesterfield to Tewkesbury is exactly the same as Tewkesbury is from where I live. Nuneaton is about half as far. No excuses. :p

Soldato
OP
Almost - It has a JP exhaust and slightly modified airbox. Will be an interesting comparison to how it RR'd a couple of years ago (232bhp) when it was totally standard. I'm hoping for more, but prepared for less. :D

Back
Top Bottom