Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

I really don't know mate. I jump from looking at s2000's/350z's to nice big comfy quiet barges.

The nice big comfy quiet barge would be the better option, but i still have a itch for a little sports car. I just know i would miss the comfort and toys though.

The nice big comfy quiet barge would be the better option, but i still have a itch for a little sports car. I just know i would miss the comfort and toys though.

This was pretty much my mindset (as per my recent thread). All will be revealed once I get it - I don't want to jinx it. It's not THAT exciting really though :D

Was talking to Sarah just the other day saying how the 2ltr ecoboost TXS would be perfect for us as a upgrade. Though I would want the estate version.

Then you pop up with one :(

Wish you lived closer so I could have a poke around, maybe a drive of it :p

Was talking to Sarah just the other day saying how the 2ltr ecoboost TXS would be perfect for us as a upgrade. Though I would want the estate version.

Then you pop up with one :(

Wish you lived closer so I could have a poke around, maybe a drive of it :p

Heh, sorry :p

Come to a meet and you can have a look around!

Nice one! Did you pay much less than the advertised price?

The car was up for £3600 and I paid £3450 which I thought was a fair price for the condition it was in. Looking through the service record really impressed me with the amount of work done to it each year. The combined 2013 and 2012 services bills came to about £1k alone. :eek:

The test drive was so nice. I thought that owning a 2.0 petrol mk3 it would just feel like a faster version of what I've got but it's not like that at all. It feels like a totally different car somehow. Wednesday can't come fast enough, I've got a nice 150 mile drive home to see what it's like. :D

Oh, am I still allowed in here?! :o

You can sit in the corner with the other nasty 4 cylinder diesel ST Mondeos. :p

Congrats on the new car btw Howard. I really like the mk4 mondeos, specifically the 2.5T but they just cost too much money for me at the moment. I could imagine my next car being a fully loaded 2.0 ecoboost estate or something, would be nice.

Last edited:
Lately my mondeo has been nothing more then a daily driver, kinda forgot why i bought it.

A lad yesterday was asking after it, "what you had out of it" etc.

After chatting with him for 15 minutes and him saying he would love to own one but just couldnt afford it, i decided to take it for a blast. Gave it a bit of welly on some country roads and rememberd why i bought it in the first place

In other words, make sure to have a bit of fun every now and again haha.

I was ment to be taking it on the track next week but due to some other issues i've had to knock it back.

I'm not repairing wiring, I'm replacing the entire seat and back pad. Apparently it's easier to remove the whole thing?

I took my seat out to do mine. (only the base though)
I replaced mine with aftermarket though as Ford prices for the 2 seat pads were around £250 :(

The leather cover unclips from the base and is then clipped directly onto the foam, most likely some foam will break off and have to be glued back on if you aren't super super careful, you then attached the red clips to the foam and the plastic strip on the back of the leather will just clip into the top part of the clip when you put it back.

Why are you replacing the back heat pad btw ? it rarely goes wrong it is normally just down to the seat pad.

I paid about £40 off the bay for my aftermarket pads, they weren't obviously a perfect match for the seat but as the mondeo heated seat pad doesn't go over the side bolsters like more expensive brands I wasn't bothered.

I picked up the whole set from a breakers (variable option). My seat pad is definitely knackered, not sure how easy it's going to be to change. I've had the base cover off in the past (much blood was shed), so maybe I'll give it a go in the car first.Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom