Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

An easier way is to find a sacrificial 8mm allen key and cut a ~20mm bit off, put it into the drain plug, and use an appropriately-sized spanner to undo it.

But MAKE SURE YOU GET THE FILLER PLUG UNDONE FIRST!

Also, buy two new plugs. Mine were a bit mullered by the time I'd managed to get the drain one undone. Ford part number 6732263 x 2.

that is a good idea, probably a lot easier than then method i used :) I did also make sure the filler was not jammed before taking out the lower plug. Filler on mine was very easy to undo, plug not so much, mashed my hex bit.

why whats wrong with it?
my dad's has a crank seal oil leak and for some bizarre reason no garage wants to repair it :confused: They just keep replying "oh its a big job that" and wont give him a quote.
How annoying! It may be a "big job" but it's not rocket science if you're a proper garage, all you need to do is take the gearbox off and change a little rubber seal. Granted it'll be a few hours' worth of labour but still.

You decided what your going to replace it with yet?

Maybe

I know i cant believe it myself. its his pride and joy but he will have no option but to trade it in if no garage will fix it as he's not paying the £100 p/h at fords for them to spend all day changing a rubber seal.
He has tried 5 garages so far and none will do it as its a 6-7 hour job with getting the gearbox out. It certainly doesn't sound a very hard job.

Really lumpy idle with 2 pops every few seconds, felt like it was going to stall all today when stationary. I'm away from home at the moment so don't have my diagnostic tool/ tools to be looking into it properly. Just the cheap diag tool which isn't bringing up any codes, says everything is working fine.

Could be the breather pipe, but I doubt it as it is new. Had that replacement cat but can't see why that would be a problem, plus if it was the ecu would log it.

Could be bad fuel maybe... Hopefully...

Driving back my digital display jumped from 40 to 0, guessing what ever measures the petrol in the tank as got confused and had a moment.

So i have actually been running on fumes.

Did think it was odd getting nearly 200miles to £40 in this thing.

Howard what are you after?

Mine does that if I park on an incline and there's less than 50 miles range left. Even with the range on zero I could still only squeeze about 52 litres into the tank which is 60 litres.

Yeah, with my drive being on a incline i am usually use to it.

Not really any noticeable incline/declines where i am now though so it didn't even cross my mind.

It is still empty now and has been rough for the last 20miles at least. I will be pushing it to the nearest station when we go out tomorrow i guess :p

Hi guys,

Spotted a nice looking Mondeo which is relatively near me! this

What do you all think of it? I've been in contact with the guy and it looks like it's been owned by the same guy from new until last year. It's got a full ford service history at the same ford garage it's entire life. It was bought by the current owner in October and since then he's told me he's had the following done to it.

The repairs that i have done on the car since i bought it are a new clutch (including duel mass flywheel and slave cylinder), two rear shock absorbers, two front springs, front suspension top mounts, new brake pipes, two vredestein rear tyres, full geometry alignment of steering and chassis, just been taxed for six months and mot for 1 year.

I'm super tempted and considering going to look at it on my day off on Sunday. The only slight downside I can see is the white seats (prefer black), as well as the mismatched tyres (vredestein rears, pirelli p zeros fronts) Other than that, it looks a super clean example. :)

Hi guys,

Spotted a nice looking Mondeo which is relatively near me! this

What do you all think of it? I've been in contact with the guy and it looks like it's been owned by the same guy from new until last year. It's got a full ford service history at the same ford garage it's entire life. It was bought by the current owner in October and since then he's told me he's had the following done to it.

I'm super tempted and considering going to look at it on my day off on Sunday. The only slight downside I can see is the white seats (prefer black), as well as the mismatched tyres (vredestein rears, pirelli p zeros fronts) Other than that, it looks a super clean example. :)

Looks a nice example that has been we'll maintained but u have to ask yourself if he has only had it near 11 months and sunk over 1k into it for all those jobs why is he getting rid?
If u go and look take it for a good long drive then look for oil leaks wen u get back. That's the mistake my dad made not checking for oil leaks. :(

On the face of it, it looks like a well-cared for example. If it's not too far from you, go and have a good old poke around it. Look underneath for oil seepage etc, make sure there's no noises from bushes or suspension components whilst driving.

Back
Top Bottom