Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Calling Howard, calling Howard...

You're still in the doghouse for abandoning us ST220 owners, but since I have need of your experience, I'll forgive you :P.

Doing a bit more research at the moment with a view to possibly pulling the trigger on some audio goodness before Christmas, and was wondering what made you go for the 178BT in particular?

If I look at the single DIN Alpine range, there's the 183BT and 173BT too, both of which look extremely capable, just without the fancy display. Any reason you didn't go for those and save a few quid?

Also, I know you didn't want to go double DIN because you'd just want a Sat Nav then, but there seems to be a couple of decent offerings from Pioneer (FH-X700BT) and Alpine (CDE-W235BT) in double DIN that look the part on a spec sheet, and would save needing a fascia adaptor.

Any guidance welcome, I'm weeks away from doing this at best, I tend to research these things into the ground :p.

Cheers.

I'm still here :p

I went for the 178 because it has a decent screen as well as every piece of functionality I wanted :)

The other ones have nasty horrible segment displays which have no place in modern infotainment equipment. The same goes for those double din units.

Also I didn't see the point in buying a fancy colour touch screen unit without nav functionality and I'd have just wished I'd spent the £700 odd on a good one, which is a bit OTT.

Go for the 178BT. It's only about £160 anyway which is excellent value considering its feature set (all music formats, Bluetooth, parametric equaliser etc).

Been fiddling about with my new ST today (still can't drive it yet!) and had a few questions:

Is the Haynes manual I bought for my 2.0 petrol good for the ST as well?

I tried burning a mp3 cd (verified working in my PS3) and it doesn't seem to be working. It plays the first song but no sound and the timer just keeps ticking on. Do the 6 cd autochanger headunits play mp3 cds or not? :confused:

Is it possible to easily fit an internal boot release button on the st? My 2.0 petrol had it but it's a blank plate in the ST.

Been fiddling about with my new ST today (still can't drive it yet!) and had a few questions:

Is the Haynes manual I bought for my 2.0 petrol good for the ST as well?

I tried burning a mp3 cd (verified working in my PS3) and it doesn't seem to be working. It plays the first song but no sound and the timer just keeps ticking on. Do the 6 cd autochanger headunits play mp3 cds or not? :confused:

Is it possible to easily fit an internal boot release button on the st? My 2.0 petrol had it but it's a blank plate in the ST.

I thought all the facelift models had a boot release as standard.

Is yours a Sony 6CD stereo? They don't play MP3s.

The Haynes manual is universal as far as I recall.

Anyone need a pair of halogen headlights or a Sony 6CD unit? I'm having a clearout :p

Last edited:
Are ST220's known for drinking oil? had mine serviced about 7/8 weeks ago with oil and filter change and while checking my dipstick today noticed it was below the minimum :eek:
since its service i have probably done around 1600 miles which should not effect the oil that much surely :confused:

Back
Top Bottom