Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Looking into one of these as a stopgap until I get my next car sorted.

2005 final facelift ST220, Panther Black with 48k. Would 4k be a good price, I don't want to end up losing too much as I'll only be keeping it a short time!

If it's in good condition and got all the right paperwork/history then it sounds like a good price to me.

Associate
Has anyone had a saggy rear bumper yet and had a go at the foam insert fix ? got a very slight gap on mine now :(

Associate
had the foam fix done when someone ran into the back of me... it's not sagging now :)

that done by a body shop or yourself? just wondering how difficult it is to get the rear bumpers off on these cars. I have found the foam inserts for between £45-55

Associate
For the pair?

Where?

yes, ebay

not original items though as apparently Ford dont make them anymore, couple of people have made molds from the orignal then they pop up every few weeks. Theres some on there now for £50 though its an auction not a buy now

If you haven't seen it already, there's a guide here:

http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Dropping_Rear_Bumper_Fix

yes seen that thanks, its exactly how mine looks at mo, you notice it more from the side though, wondered if anyone has had a go at the fix on here as it looks easy but i dont want to make it worse

Last edited:

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Just had a closer look at my bumper and it's sagging a little although not too bad/noticeable. Am wondering if I should try to source the foam supports now just in case they become hard to get a hold of later.

Soldato
OP
Mine's been sagging a little since I bought it two years ago. It's not got any worse but I did re-inforce the mounts with big washers on the screws for a bigger 'surface area' and less chance of tearing. It works in my mind anyway :D

Associate
Don't waste your money on those blocks it will drop again at some point, people generally do the screw fix method google Mondeo st screw fix bumper. These bumpers have been known to drop off .

Anyone got any recommendations on tyres for the st ?

Associate
I'm not sure on long term wear rate as I've not had them on that long, however I've done about 1.5k miles so far in them and they currently have about 7.5mm left on the rear.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I got the CSC3s all-round and am happy with them also. They've been better than I expected in the wet/snow.

I plan to give the F1 AS2s a go next time and if they're not any worse I'll stick to whichever lasts longer.

Soldato
After briefly taking a look at ST220s, I realised that I could get the 2.5T Titanium X MK4 for similar money. But in the end, I ended up with a Titanium X Sport. I hope this thread has a place for the ST's successor!

Back
Top Bottom