Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
Do they respond well to a remap? I guess they could get up to around 250-260bhp without much issue?

From what I've read, it's fairly easy using Superchips's bluefin and you get an extra 49bhp for £320:

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/search?make=9&fueltype=3&model=61&variant=1847

After months of searching for my car and not finding one in the shape or spec I wanted, I ended up travelling 210 miles to view a 2009 Titanium X Sport with 67K miles on it. It seemed because of that alone, the price was down to £9k but as I found to my surprise, it was fully loaded with all the extras on the list ticked! I just need to wait a week to actually pick it up (or get it delivered)...

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm very nice, if I could find a 2.5T Titanium X with satnav for £5000 then I'd be very tempted to buy it.

It's extremely hard finding one at that price with sat nav fitted. You would probably have to stretch to £7k but even then, they are very rare. You can retrofit other units but the problem is that some don't communicate with the Convers+ system. There's a dealer selling units on Talkford/STdriveRS for £220. Retrofitting the OEM unit isn't even worth considering.

Man of Honour
Well I have a budget of £8000 for a replacement daily driver, but if I could spend less then fine :p

Buy £8000 of fuel for the Monaro. It's a Monaro not a Ferrari, it doesn't need to be garage queened, the only thing that stops it being a practical daily driver for most people is the cost of fuel and if you've got £8k kicking around to buy an entirely additional car then you can spend that on fuel instead.

Soldato
I know what you're saying but I like having a 'toy'. The car doesn't owe me anything and I have no plans to sell it now it's supercharged. As it is at the moment it is in extremely good condition. Mostly down to the fact it's not driven on a commute and stuck in a narrow parking space for which it's usually too wide for and it'll get door dings.

To ME that's worth spending several thousand pounds on a second car. I've also always had two cars in all the years I've been driving. I like it. Plus the 5 door practicality of a second car is always useful as I don't drink and I'm often the taxi on nights out.

Man of Honour
My car is in extremely good condition too, yet I commute in it. You don't need to hide it away and spend a load of money on something else to keep a car nice.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Has anyone Dreamscience'd their ST220, either with an induction kit or as stock? Apparently it's quite noticeable due to the removal of the low RPM torque limiting during the remapping process. I can feel some mods coming on..

Soldato
Has anyone Dreamscience'd their ST220, either with an induction kit or as stock? Apparently it's quite noticeable due to the removal of the low RPM torque limiting during the remapping process. I can feel some mods coming on..

Do it, it takes away a little torque lower down but the benefits at the top end were worth it.

Permabanned
are the 250bhp from an exhaust induction kit and remap claims realistic ?

I really want to replace the exhaust on mine just for a bit more noise, I find the noise form the ST just a bit too tame, I don't want a ridiculouse boy racer type sound however just enough ;)

Back
Top Bottom