Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Permabanned
Any vids of your exhaust system? really would like to hear that

This is the only one I have at the moment, off an old iphone so really doesn't do the sound justice.

However you can get the idea and hear it crackling and spitting on the overrun on the 2nd run up the road.

Got my hands on a decent video camera today so will be off out later this week to get a few proper videos with hopefully better sound :cool:

View My Video

Permabanned
Where have you guys gone to get your aloys refurbished.
Is it really worth keeping the original finish seeing how many of them have suffered such bad corrosion issues.
Does it spoil the look of the car if you just get the whole alloy painted over ?
I am thinking of getting mine done when I can find somewhere that does them at the right price.

Soldato
I've been keeping an eye on ST220 classifieds as my budget of £4k seems to put me slap-bang in the market for one. There just doesn't seem to be very many for sale! I think I will have to forget holding out for an Estate too!

EDIT - Any OCUK'ers thinking of selling theirs?

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally some decent weather today so gave the car a shampoo and quick detail with some Meguiars. Thinking of getting my alloys powder coated black. Anyone else done it?

P1030515.jpg

P1030513.jpg

Soldato
Don't do it! Performance blue with black alloys looks terrible in my opinion. The best thing you can do is to replace the standard diamond cut with a bright silver powder coat (personal view of course).

Permabanned
I've been keeping an eye on ST220 classifieds as my budget of £4k seems to put me slap-bang in the market for one. There just doesn't seem to be very many for sale! I think I will have to forget holding out for an Estate too!

EDIT - Any OCUK'ers thinking of selling theirs?

I'm selling mine in the next couple of month, baby and an 80 mile a day commute is making me buy a diesel.

55 plate, dark grey, half red leather interior 84k etc etc.

Not an estate though.

Soldato
OP
If anyone is looking for an easy (very easy.. literally a straight swap) speaker upgrade, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Focal IC570:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/16978.html

The standard speakers are, in terms of OE, very good IMHO, but they lack in finesse especially at the top end - treble was very harsh and sibilant. The Focals have addressed this and they sound much smoother across the range. They're quite sensitive too so there isn't a great deal of need to amplify them. My Alpine IDA-X305 drives them well, and I had to tone down a lot of the parametric EQing I had going on, which shows how much different to the stock speakers they are :)

Easiest speaker upgrade I've ever done. 2 minutes to get the door cards off, 5 minutes to make up a patch lead and swap them, then onto the next door.

Soldato
If anyone is looking for an easy (very easy.. literally a straight swap) speaker upgrade, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Focal IC570:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/16978.html

The standard speakers are, in terms of OE, very good IMHO, but they lack in finesse especially at the top end - treble was very harsh and sibilant. The Focals have addressed this and they sound much smoother across the range. They're quite sensitive too so there isn't a great deal of need to amplify them. My Alpine IDA-X305 drives them well, and I had to tone down a lot of the parametric EQing I had going on, which shows how much different to the stock speakers they are :)

Easiest speaker upgrade I've ever done. 2 minutes to get the door cards off, 5 minutes to make up a patch lead and swap them, then onto the next door.

I've spent a shed load upgrading my ICE and can wholeheartedly endorse the Focal range of speakers. I have Focal comps and tweeters making up my front stage and the SQ is excellent.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/foc-p165v15-focal-performance-p165-v15.html

Soldato
Guys quick one.

Mk4 mondeo 2.5t. Do any of you guys know what these are generally like? Is it the same Volvo engine that is found in the ST?

Might be buying one at the weekend.

Soldato
What be this:

st22001.jpg

???

I looked at this car a few weeks back, and it had this odd doohickey above the heater vent. It was about 3.5" long, and had what looked like an LCD on it, although it wasn't displaying anything. It had a button at both ends as per the one just visible in shot.

Soldato
If my budget is £3500 utter max, should I be looking at facelifts only, or to find the best car I can regardless of whether it's a facelift or not? The car I posted a picture of above has 84K on the clock, and is an 03. It also has a Blueflame exhaust, decent tyres and refurbed wheels in VGC. The dealer has it up at £3,695, but when I looked at it over 2 weeks ago, they said they'd take £3200 for it even without me asking them for a discount. I'm thinking if I go and look at it on Saturday, I might try to knock off another few hundred.

That is unless it really is in my interest to look out for a 6 speed facelift.

Back
Top Bottom