Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Permabanned
53 plate here and I have a facelift. :)
6 speed, and facelift dash+stereo.

not sure what else facelifts are supposed to have but I imagine I got the other bits too.

Variable heated recaros ? were they standard in the pre-facelift or did they have just heat on/off

Soldato
What happened to the 350Z idea?

It is still there mate, don't you worry! I have just got us a new house so i am freeing up some cash till we get settled. Mondeo is to keep the mrs happy and fit my fishing stuff and the dog in.

Just need to get settled and see what free cash there is and maybe wait till i have 4yrs exp under my belt (Aug).

Stop worrying :p

Associate
Looking into one of these as a stopgap until I get my next car sorted.

2005 final facelift ST220, Panther Black with 48k. Would 4k be a good price, I don't want to end up losing too much as I'll only be keeping it a short time!

Soldato
Looking into one of these as a stopgap until I get my next car sorted.

2005 final facelift ST220, Panther Black with 48k. Would 4k be a good price, I don't want to end up losing too much as I'll only be keeping it a short time!

Good examples seem to go for 2.5k - 3k. A black low mileage example may command a small premium but these cars are not exactly in demand given their fuel consumption and tbh if its in super condition I'd still pay the 4k. Who cares if you lose a 25% come time for resale. Youre hardly talking big numbers.

Soldato
I don't think I've ever seen a late 2005 model go for 3k! Its the model with the chrome strips, red stitching around wheel etc.

Yeah I was referring to ST220s in general. I'd prob pay close to 4k for a black one with 48k on the clock, but not if its got red leather seats. Just don't like 'em.

Might be worth checking how much the tax is on the 05 model. I think its considerably higher for either the 05 or 06 model.

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't want a 2.5-3k 2005 ST220. 4k sounds about right, but tbh with these cars their value is based on the condition more than a cut-and-dry book price in my experience. It's not quite a regular Mondeo

Associate
I'm not sure whether these cars are the type you can quickly move on, considering you're only after short term ownership?

As a side note, mine is in for a service this morning at the dealers. Just waiting for the "Your car is ready for collection sir, no extra work is needed." call. :p

Associate
Good examples seem to go for 2.5k - 3k. A black low mileage example may command a small premium but these cars are not exactly in demand given their fuel consumption and tbh if its in super condition I'd still pay the 4k. Who cares if you lose a 25% come time for resale. Youre hardly talking big numbers.

Good examples ? where?...chespest final facelifts would be 4k and that wouldnt be imo 'good'. 2-3k would be falling apart....infact even a pre face lift with the 5 speed would be more than 2k

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Good examples ? where?...chespest final facelifts would be 4k and that wouldnt be imo 'good'. 2-3k would be falling apart....infact even a pre face lift with the 5 speed would be more than 2k

80k+ 2003/2004 models have been going for £2.5-3.5k. They seem to pop and get sold very quietly though, unless they genuinely are tatty.

Associate
80k+ 2003/2004 models have been going for £2.5-3.5k. They seem to pop and get sold very quietly though, unless they genuinely are tatty.

indeedy, but the question was 2005 final facelift, followed by 'good examples go for 2.5-3k'

A 'good' example, imo would be one thats been looked after & good service history. These even at 70k miles go for 4k+, 2003/4 may go slightly cheaper but not by that much.

Back
Top Bottom