Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
Ever since i sold my old ST220 18 months ago i kind of missed its amazing leather Recaro's and smooth V6 so after selling my Focus ST225 a few weeks back and being unable to decide what i want next i didnt want to blow a lot of money on something i was not 100% on so looked for something cheap to run for a few months and found another ST220 for 2.7k.
2003 with 74k on full service history with old receipts and all old MOT's. Its immaculate inside and out. Never failed an MOT in its life. first owner had it 10yrs then it was owned by a mechanic before me.
Its actually nicer to drive than my Focus ST and cost a lot less to buy than what i sold that for so really happy to have another one.
NjzGevV.jpg
VVWhflw.jpg
iDN2VXK.jpg
I4kDP7G.jpg

Soldato
Dav4;30487421 said:
Ever since i sold my old ST220 18 months ago i kind of missed its amazing leather Recaro's and smooth V6 so after selling my Focus ST225 a few weeks back and being unable to decide what i want next i didnt want to blow a lot of money on something i was not 100% on so looked for something cheap to run for a few months and found another ST220 for 2.7k.
2003 with 74k on full service history with old receipts and all old MOT's. Its immaculate inside and out. Never failed an MOT in its life. first owner had it 10yrs then it was owned by a mechanic before me.
Its actually nicer to drive than my Focus ST and cost a lot less to buy than what i sold that for so really happy to have another one.
g]
once you go mondeo there is no escape. I miss mine already :(

Philz0r;30487776 said:
anyone heard a belt like this before?

[/QUOTE]sounds very odd. like the a...ort distance to work it would do about 35mpg.

Soldato
Jumper118;30488750 said:
once you go mondeo there is no escape. I miss mine already :(

sounds very odd. like the alarm is going off. its probably a bearing in one of the pulleys

I used to get 50mpg in mine easy. even with cruise control set to 9mph. remapped diesel ftw :p when driving short distance to work it would do about 35mpg.
What did u replace yours with? There's such a shortage of decent looking mk4 Mondeos with good engines which I was after that's why I ended up with another one of these.

Soldato
Dav4;30488770 said:
What did u replace yours with? There's such a shortage of decent looking mk4 Mondeos with good engines which I was after that's why I ended up with another one of these.
nothing yet. I am a single car peasant again. :( i was thinking maybe a Toyota Celia or an mx5 or an e30 bmw, they seem like popular options as well as the mondeo :p

I did go look at a £500 1998 celica 2.0gt and it was very clean, not much rust and a nice power flow exhaust, but it was running on a whole 2 cyl and the engine was totally ****ed, so i didnt buy it. Was pretty annoyed tbh because it should have been listed as spares and it had "passed" an mot about 3 days before i went too see it. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Philz0r;30491379 said:
well, my slave cylinder went today, right at some lights. fluid everywhere. needed a tow home off my dad.

looks like a I got a big bill incoming.
Bad times. How many miles had your car covered? The clutch on the 220 are normally very durable and last over 100k on a lot of cars.
You going to get the whole clutch kit/flywheel done while your at it? You should be looking at between £600-£700 for it all doing.

Soldato
Yeh my dad was advised to just get everything replaced when he had his done as the labour costs are just as much as the kit and the amount that needs removing to get to it all is ridiculous so it would be silly to risk something else going later on and having to pay out labour costs again. He paid £600 all in which was a very good price as I think the mechanic underestimated how much work it was.

Soldato
Lord-Jaffa;30493542 said:
Been on the lookout for a 11ish plate Titanium X Sport Powershift recently, with Nav and ideally an Estate. Miss my old ST220 :(

Good luck finding a petrol one :p. I was considering a mk4 Titanium X Sport like Howard's but they are very rare and all the other engine choices and models are crap. That's why I just bought another 220 at least it has some power and still looks decent.

Soldato
I have just been to look at one in Birmingham with the reg number EF56WFZ .

They had £3k stuck in the window and £2.5k on the website.

It was seriously overpriced, all wheels really badly corroded, rusty front wing, rear bumper hanging off, the denso nav unit was faulty (kept rebooting and dropping to a blank screen with green stripes), lights full of condensation, scratches on all of the panels.

The body was in a worse state than my 240k TDCi.

If you see this car run away!

Soldato
Sounds awful that. There is not many good examples left out there sadly best waiting for a good private example to come up.
Also I wouldn't buy a 2006 the tax is £480 and it will be a nightmare to re sell. That's why you often see 2006 models for the same price as a good 03/04 plate. You can buy mine in a few months if you are still looking :p

Soldato
Dav4;30493594 said:
Good luck finding a petrol one :p. I was considering a mk4 Titanium X Sport like Howard's but they are very rare and all the other engine choices and models are crap. That's why I just bought another 220 at least it has some power and still looks decent.

Honestly i'm not fussed if its Petrol or Diesel. :D

Soldato
Yeh they are getting really rare now sadly. When I was looking within 200 miles of my postcode on AT for one with less than 100k miles there was only 20 for sale within 200 miles :eek:
If you had a mint low mileage example of the ST220 I would garage it as I think in another 5-10 years they will be worth a lot more as they approach being a rare performance Ford.
An old guy my dad knew had owned his 2004 ST220 from new with only 38k on and despite me telling him if he ever sells it call me and I'll be round with the cash he went an traded it in against a new car and then seen it about 6 months ago listed for 7k lol :(

Back
Top Bottom