Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
Anyone had any issue with a small whine? It small like some kind of pump or belt makes a small whine when revved a little. I was thinking the power assisted steering but it feels fine?

Soldato
Can you get a recording?

Had it with the garage this moring for a quick look and they believe it may be the alternator. It's not loud enough at the minute to be 100%, so I plan on getting it booked in for a proper test when they have more time. I don't fancy replacing something that doesn't need done.

Soldato
Anyone got any info for on the 2.5T Mondeo? Keep finding my self looking at the 09/59 Colorado Red Titanium X 2.5T.

Real MPG's round town/motorway.
Any reliability issues?

When is the next Mondeo due out, as i am guessing this will push the price down even further?

There is one up for £7k on AutoTrader and i am considering going to have a look at it. Well, that is if it is still for sale at the beginning of next year.

Soldato
yeah +1 - the 2.5T Mondeos are stupidly cheap for their performance/quality

I guessed (and reading forums prob correct) - that no better than the Focus STs

IE pretty dire mpg wise :(

Soldato
Anyone got any info for on the 2.5T Mondeo? Keep finding my self looking at the 09/59 Colorado Red Titanium X 2.5T.

Real MPG's round town/motorway.
Any reliability issues?

When is the next Mondeo due out, as i am guessing this will push the price down even further?

There is one up for £7k on AutoTrader and i am considering going to have a look at it. Well, that is if it is still for sale at the beginning of next year.

I average around 25mpg mostly doing B roads going to and from work.

Soldato
The Focus ST lot are a mixed bunch of opinions when it comes to MPG's. If i could get 30MPG on NSL road's, i would be happy.The Mondeo being a bigger heavier car, i could only see it being even worse than the Focus ST.

Just wanting a bigger car with the same power and think these Mondeo's look stunning with the right trim and colour.

Only the bigger car out there at the moment that i would trade my VXR for. (except for a VXR8, but i cannot afford one :( )

This is what i would want:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../radius/1500/postcode/s417lb/page/4?logcode=p

Stunning looking vehicle imo.

Soldato
mm actually 25mpg is not bad at all really

how do they handle ?

Extremely well :). You never think it's a big car when you drive it. When you want to cruise, it do so smoothly and when you want to take it down some B-roads, it's still very competent.

It's a lovely car and a very handsome one at that. Unfortunately my one was in an accident and they deemed it a total loss which broke my heart. And now I can't find anything similar.

Last edited:
Soldato
mmm - how tempting :)

its frustrating that that 2.5T engine - seems - even with the 6th gear to just not do too well on the motorway compared to its peers

you hear of 35+ on 2.0T VAG engines, and 35+ on BMW 3 series flat 6 engines on long runs :(

mind you Focus STs and Mondeo STs are cheaper to buy

Back
Top Bottom