Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Associate
What do people think of this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Mond...4369961?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item416ef42ba9

I currently have an 08 Fiesta ST but have just started to do a few more motorway miles and the fiesta isn't really made for motorways.

The sale price on the Fiestas seem all over the place so am unsure wether to sell private or see if I could do a deal.

over priced, its got the older dated dashboard & 5 speed gearbox which is not as strong as the 6 speed in later 2003 models onwards. Definately look for a 2004+ model as you can easily get a good example for less than that one

Associate
over priced, its got the older dated dashboard & 5 speed gearbox which is not as strong as the 6 speed in later 2003 models onwards. Definately look for a 2004+ model as you can easily get a good example for less than that one

Thanks, I did think it seemed a bit more expensive than similar models, the red seats just got me excited, I love the red seats. I'll start my search for a later model then :)

Associate
Hi guys, if you like the Infra Red ST220's here's some pics of my rare Infra Red ST220 saloon.......

SAM_0850.jpg

SAM_0849.jpg

SAM_0848.jpg

SAM_0847.jpg

SAM_0846.jpg

SAM_0851.jpg

Hope you like! :D

Associate
Thanks for the comments guys, and yes the grey ones with the same interior do look really nice, was also looking at one before I bought the Infra Red one but the bloke selling it never answered any of my emails lol, and yes the Infra Red wasn't part of the range for long (from launch in March 2002 to around July 2003) and I think in total around 400 were made in total in a mix of hatchback, saloon and estate, but 80-90% I'm sure are hatchbacks as see a few regularly popping up on ebay and the like.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Anyone here fitted the JP Exhaust to their ST220?

They got 15% off atm until Thursday so am tempted to replace my rusting OEM one.

I'm tempted. I'm waiting for someone to put up a proper video of what it sounds like, i.e. from the cabin when driving, under acceleration etc, maybe a drive by, and not just a video where the camera has been placed on the ground six inches from the exhaust pipes :p

Soldato
Anyone come across a very strong burning smell? I can't pinpoint it although its coming from the front of the car. My mrs first noticed it while stuck in traffic on a hill which suggested to me it was the clutch. I can smell it ever now and again but never as strongly as the first time. The clutch seems to feel fine and the smell started perhaps 2/3 weeks ago now.

I did a few times when I used to come home up a hilly bit of the m40. One time I even parked up on hard shoulder but then couldn't smell anything. I put it down as being caused by struggling lorries.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I'm tempted. I'm waiting for someone to put up a proper video of what it sounds like, i.e. from the cabin when driving, under acceleration etc, maybe a drive by, and not just a video where the camera has been placed on the ground six inches from the exhaust pipes :p
Struggling to find decent info myself. Did find a review from another owner though who's had both the Miltek and JP exhaust on his car. The JP is apparently the quieter of the two but gives more performance gains.

Link to his comments

Associate
I have the Milltek system on mine and does sound nice, hardly noticable at normal driving speeds, but open the taps and it gives a nice roar, and the quality of the system itself is just excellent, I did take a vid of it but doesn't do the sound any justice and isn't really as good as standing next to it listening to it yourself, it's only been on a couple of months and only replaced the full system as the common rotten back box on the driver side appeared, so was a good excuse....

SAM_0963.jpg

SAM_0964.jpg

CheshireEast-20121128-00793.jpg

CheshireEast-20121128-00791.jpg

CheshireEast-20121128-00792.jpg

CheshireEast-20121128-00787.jpg

CheshireEast-20121128-00789.jpg

CheshireEast-20121128-00785.jpg

CheshireEast-20121128-00784.jpg

Back
Top Bottom