Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
Im use to that on a hot summers day. I have a Astra VXR :p

Got in contact with the fella from the ad on the off chance that he is a trader. Hoping for a PX, but he was a private seller.

That is the only Mondeo i want. Colorado red, 2.5T, Titanium X with Sports trim. Cant be arsed with trying to sell my car though, so hopefully i can find one at a dealers that i dont have to put too much towards it, on top of my car.

Soldato
Im use to that on a hot summers day. I have a Astra VXR :p

Got in contact with the fella from the ad on the off chance that he is a trader. Hoping for a PX, but he was a private seller.

That is the only Mondeo i want. Colorado red, 2.5T, Titanium X with Sports trim. Cant be arsed with trying to sell my car though, so hopefully i can find one at a dealers that i dont have to put too much towards it, on top of my car.

You might end up looking for a while for the right one to come along. There are only about 100 2.5T in TXS trim and most of them are grey or black. I made a 400 mile round trip to get my one simply because it was one of the few to have all the extras I wanted.

smr

smr

Soldato
You all know how rare these ST220s are out and about on the roads, so when I see one I really do stare.

And finally I drove past one which was parked up on the side of the road in a small village near me.

On the way back I decided to pull up and get out to have a closer look as I've never really properly seen one in the flesh before except for when they've been tootling along.

I must say, the pictures don't do this car justice at all. It really is something else when you see one physically, this one was in silver and I didn't think to take a look at the number plate but it must have been 04/05.

I'm definitely sold. I just need to see one up close in performance blue now as the one I saw today will take some beating. I like how everything is the same colour - the mesh, alloys and bodywork etc.

Soldato
How are these to run ? Im considering one of these for work and pleasure i do about 10k a year.

So was considering the v6 petrol :cool:

Some thing along the lines of this

Last edited:

smr

smr

Soldato
Why did that put you off, looks well speced compared to some I've looked at.

Probably that it just doesn't sound very grown up when people say things like "massive spec"... I understand what he means. It may be seen as being shallow but the way ads are worded and grammar/spelling is handled means a lot to me when looking at something to buy.

Soldato
Thats a very nice well specced example albeit overpriced. 4950 is a lot for a v6 petrol Mondeo though. Petrol consumption aside they're awesome cars for the money and are built for motorway cruising. I had no complaints during my ownership. :)

Soldato
don't seem to be many for sale these days unfortunatley

they were on my radar - as even though mpg not great - the upfront purchase cost is quite low - so sort of cancels out the petrol cost

saw a nice one for sale at a Ford dealer - was a bit overpriced at 6k -but I would have had it even so - but I wasn't looking for a car then - I am now - and there are like hardly any for sale now

smr

smr

Soldato
don't seem to be many for sale these days unfortunatley

they were on my radar - as even though mpg not great - the upfront purchase cost is quite low - so sort of cancels out the petrol cost

saw a nice one for sale at a Ford dealer - was a bit overpriced at 6k -but I would have had it even so - but I wasn't looking for a car then - I am now - and there are like hardly any for sale now

Might just be the time of year...

In Oct/Nov there were about 60-70 on the bay for sale at any one time, since December it's whittled down to more like 40.

Soldato
Anyone come across a very strong burning smell? I can't pinpoint it although its coming from the front of the car. My mrs first noticed it while stuck in traffic on a hill which suggested to me it was the clutch. I can smell it ever now and again but never as strongly as the first time. The clutch seems to feel fine and the smell started perhaps 2/3 weeks ago now.

Soldato
Check the little plastic circlips that hold all the coolant tubing out of the way. They age and go slack, and you could end up (as I did last week) suddenly finding a load of coolant squirting over the top of your engine block. All you need to do is to remove the oil cap and plastic engine cover to inspect around the pulleys at the top, and if you drop the undertray off the front you can inspect the lower pulleys too.

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Anyone come across a very strong burning smell? I can't pinpoint it although its coming from the front of the car. My mrs first noticed it while stuck in traffic on a hill which suggested to me it was the clutch. I can smell it ever now and again but never as strongly as the first time. The clutch seems to feel fine and the smell started perhaps 2/3 weeks ago now.

Sticking caliper?

What do people think of this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Mond...4369961?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item416ef42ba9

I currently have an 08 Fiesta ST but have just started to do a few more motorway miles and the fiesta isn't really made

The sale price on the Fiestas seem all over the place so am unsure wether to sell private or see if I could do a deal.

Looks a little pricey considering it's a pre-facelift, but the saloons are less common than the hatchback. I'll personally look for the post facelift model.

Associate
What do people think of this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Mond...4369961?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item416ef42ba9

I currently have an 08 Fiesta ST but have just started to do a few more motorway miles and the fiesta isn't really made for motorways.

The sale price on the Fiestas seem all over the place so am unsure wether to sell private or see if I could do a deal.

over priced, its got the older 5 speed gearbox which is not as strong as the 6 speed in later 2003 models onwards and the older dated dash. Definately look for a 2004+ model as you can easily get a good example for less than that one

Back
Top Bottom