Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Imy

Imy

Soldato
It's painful isn't it :(
Yep I do sometimes think I may as well be sat in a small city car when in traffic for all the good a sports saloon is doing me.

MOT time this week, last year there was an advisory for the exhaust beginning to perish.

What are my options for replacing the exhaust? I don't want anything too loud and I don't want to spend much if I can help it. I'm certainly not looking for any performance gains or anything like that.

Your main options:
http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Exhaust_Reference_Guide_(ST220)

Going custom route may be cheaper than some of those listed.

I had the Sony unit in my Fiesta ST and got the same interference from chargers :(
Damn, did you find a fix?

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Maybe later.... just bought the exhaust/headlamps as you know plus paid for tax/service/mot in last few weeks also.

Is the problem with the stereo itself or just bad wiring?

Soldato
OP
It's likely that the Sony unit just has inadequate RF noise suppression circuitry to deal with the likes of cheap noisy phone chargers and whatnot.

It's an awful unit anyway, well worth replacing :)

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Well if I do get a new headunit, phone compatibility is going to be a key criteria. My contract is up around Sept/Oct I think so will be changing phones then. Might wait until then - would help spread the cost as well.

So looking for a temporary and cheapish fix for now. I don't often do long journeys but when I do my phone is both satnav and audio source so draws a lot of power.

External battery pack maybe?

Soldato
OP
It's a Visteon unit and and is probably more a case of being a 'jack of all trades' unit, in that it does nav, music and also climate control so less effort is probably spent on the audio electronics / DSPs / amplifiers. But who knows, it may well be as good if not better than the Sony unit. I've not used one

Soldato
Decided the next car will be a Mondeo, hopefully a MK4 Mondeo Titanium X Sport. Gutted that I missed the red one I posted up a few weeks ago as I can't find anything anywhere near the price that was going for. Been trying to find his number but failed miserably.

Not wrote off the Mondeo MK3 ST though either. So from how it is looking, if I can't find the MK4 within budget, i will get a MK3 ST and save some dollar.

I blame Howard for the MK3 ST thinking.

Soldato
OP
:cool:

2012-1.jpg

2012-3.jpg

Love mine :cool:

Soldato
Is that what your after then princey?

Howard, your car really does look brill. Not normally a fan of silver cars but it looks good on the ST. So it will have to be a flip between silver or blue if I end up looking for one.

Soldato
Is that what your after then princey?

Howard, your car really does look brill. Not normally a fan of silver cars but it looks good on the ST. So it will have to be a flip between silver or blue if I end up looking for one.

No, I was looking for a current gen hot hatch such as a Megane RS250 or a 135i but it's really hard to ignore these for what they offer for £4000.

Back
Top Bottom