Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
Need 2 new front tyres on my ST220, any recommendations? Fairly sure it's on Conti's all round at the moment.

I've got Goodyear Eagle F1A2's on the my Focus at the minute, and they are pretty good, and are wearing down pretty good as well actually. Will be replacing them like for like when the time comes.

Soldato
Following my post earlier in the week, I got through the MOT without any work doing. Total cost for the service and MOT £123.22. Result!

I do still have an oil leak, the mechanic couldn't tell where it was coming from. He suggested that the entire area would need to be cleaned and it monitored over a period of time. All of the gaskets etc seemed fine.

As for the exhaust, the heat shield dropped off the other day and when I looked at the exhaust it looked in a very bad way. Extremely corroded and looks a mess from the underneath, I also received an advisory last year. However, he said it's only the outer skin and it was not blowing and passed the emissions test. He thinks there is still a few years of life in it yet. That was a touch as I couldn't justify paying out £500-600 with a house move coming up.

Soldato
I've had my 'rear main oil seal' (as described on receipt) done - £270 all in. Not sure if that is the same or different seal.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I noticed mine had an oil leak before I bought it so got the garage to fix it before I took delivery. They said they replaced the seal on the main oil sill and oil sump. I don't know what that is but it sounded like a big labour job - gearbox out, etc.

Soldato
Anything to look out for then?

Looks very much like I am going down the Mondeo ST route. Think I prefer the revised facelift from 2005.

2005+
Cruise control (standard from 2005 I have read)
ECC
Black or grey leather (not sure on white and Deffo not red)

And that's it really, ill be happy with it. Think only downside to the Mondeo, Is i can't see a on-board computer.

Also how does the boot compare to a mk4? (it all mrs keeps asking when talking about any other car other than the mk4)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
ECC?

Cruise is standard.

Boot is huge. Big enough for any regular family needs. It has an onboard computer but it's quite basic, it tells you average speed, outside temp, miles to empty and average MPG.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Do you lose full leather if you opt for cooled seats?

Oh I think rear heated/cooled seats was also an option.

The nav has to be quite old now in terms of software/maps?

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Don't know about all that tbh but can say in 1st it struggles to put the power down when moving off but 2nd does shift nicely.

I find it difficult getting the car to move off quickly from a standstill as either the wheels spin up or the revs drop a lot just after you gain the initial traction bite.

Back
Top Bottom