Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
I find 3rd gear the most fun :D

50mph + is good, very good. If anything the car can sometimes feel a bit slow of the start but by the time you are over 3.5k in 2nd it will just keep pulling and pulling.

I may or may not sometimes be a bit naughty when coming out of road works on the motorway and you will quickly be seeing very naughty speeds.

What are you coming from?

Soldato
What are you coming from?

Stage 1 Astra VXR so i will lose some power and acceleration but i am not too fussed about it. As long as i can do clean overtakes, i am happy.

Howard, them times are not too bad to say it is a barge.

Last but not least, MPG? What is it like between you all? My route to work is 50+ miles of 40-60mph, what MPG do you think i will see?

Edit: also, i dont suppose the tyres are 225/40/r18 are they? Got 2 here that never went on my vxr.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I average 26mpg to work and back which is a mixture of town and motorway. Can get 35-37 on a run at 70. It's quite tyre pressure sensitive.

I think once you've got over the lack of non linear turbo charged shove you'll find the performance quite adequate :)

If there isn't much traffic on your route to work you should see 30+

I love driving mine and the engine makes commuting effortless at lower rpms in higher gears for more economical driving and I'm really pleased with how good I've managed to get the stereo to sound, and the heated seats are awesomely comfortable in the winter :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Coming from the VXR you might find the ST220 feeling a bit tame as it won't be an as aggressive ride.

It still has a kick to it but you have to be realistic about the size and weight of the thing. This does bring other benefits though such as comfort and space.

MPG wise I'm always stuck in Bristol traffic so its never great, usually around 26 / 27 MPG. Motorway run I can get about about 32 MPG but then I'm too impatient to stick to 70 the whole way.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Just traffic :(

It's used mainly for commuting (13 miles each way). Unfortunately those 13 miles still take 40-45 mins in the morning.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok that's good to know then. (For me anyway :p)

Need to really be getting a car by Friday as I have a wedding to drive out to. Anyone spots anything good, blue 54+ that's within 70 miles of Chesterfield, let me know :D

Spotted a estate yesterday that had been lowered. Looked awesome but a bit over kill for what I need.

Permabanned
My commute to work is 8 miles twisty A road & 10 miles dual carriageway
my commute home is about 6 miles dual carriageway (often with heavy traffic) and 12 miles major A road (50/40/50/30/50 mph)

Driving really carefully I see about 26mpg
normal driving I see about 22mpg

There is a bit of town driving thrown in there as well though which does drop the oveall mpg quite quickly

for reference all my mpgs are actually 2/3 lower than stated but I run on LPG so I altered the figures to compare to what I would see if I were using petrol all the time :)

Soldato
If the one i am looking at right now wasn't in Scotland, i would be most likely be going to buy it tomorrow.

55 plates, 76k miles, Sat Nav and all other gadgets. Lowered on MK2 Focus RS Alloys.

Looks awesome lol. (Howard is now biting his keyboard whilst headbutting his desk)

Back
Top Bottom