Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Imy

Imy

Soldato
The Eagle F1 A2s get good reviews so worth a punt. I've got new CSC3s all round at the moment and they grip very well. Even in the snow they were ok.

I might go for the A2's next time though in the hope they give equal or better grip but last a bit longer.

Soldato
OP
Has anyone else had any luck respraying the centre caps for the alloys? I was just going to degrease and lightly key with some 240grit, but wondered if anyone on here had done it?

In most cases they get all chipped and scuffed where monkeys try and remove them with screwdrivers, etc. You can probably spray them but as they're plastic it's probably better to just buy some new ones.

Associate
In most cases they get all chipped and scuffed where monkeys try and remove them with screwdrivers, etc. You can probably spray them but as they're plastic it's probably better to just buy some new ones.

Their actually plastic underneith but the surface is metal / tin, if you take one off and flip it over youll see the tin is wraped around the plastic housing...this gives it a decent colour match with the alloys. I tried to refurb mine but it came out terrible so bought 2 NEW ones off ebay for £16 each, not cheap but they look great. Just need to remember to remove them myself whenever i have work done where the wheels need to come off !

Soldato
I've just picked up an entire set in pretty good nick from eBay for £9 delivered! I'm going to mix and match to get the best set I can on the car, and then use the other 4 as an experiment for re-finishing. Either way it should be a win!

Back
Top Bottom