Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Associate
Looks nice but I wouldn't personally want such a high mileage car and the price doesn't seem to reflect the moon miles as much as it should.

Yeah, I'd doubt the dealer could be convinced to drop the price by £500+ either.

Was a awesome estate near you i REALLY wanted but couldn't be bothered to travel up Scotland.

Dunno if it is still about.

Only estate I've seen lately is a black one near Glasgow with TERRIBLE aftermarket alloys so unless it's that.... :p

Associate
In my area? That second one is in Sunderland which is 280 miles by road. :p

It's beginning to look like I'll just have to take a day or two off work and spend a night in a hotel and just have a good look around England. I like to take my dad with me though as his knowledge is waaay better than mine but he dislikes travelling so far to look at a car. :p

Permabanned
Does anyone know if the driver and passenger seats can be swapped around? The heated seat element is broken on the driver's seat, and rather than fork out a small fortune to replace/repair it, I was wondering if I could just swap the seats over!

I think it would be easier to get a passenger seat out of another car and take the element out of that wouldn't it ?

I have stripped the driver's seat down on mine once it was a PITA but not difficult. I had same problem as you, I repair mine and the repair has lasted about 10 months before giving up the ghost again.

I want to get a passenger seat pad as that is likely to have had less use (or at least that is my reasoning)

Associate
Going to get my ST220 today, got to go up to Huddersfield to get it later on this afternoon (about a 3 hour drive from me). Will put up some pictures when I get home.

Can't wait, having been stuck with a Galaxy for the last couple of months since some little person decided to write off my 3.2 V6 Vectra.

Anyway, the ST is a 56 plate and has done 57k miles. It is silver (would have preferred blue, but the rest of the car is how I wanted it, heated leathers etc).

Soldato
Cleaned the car after work. Seem to of picked up quite a few scratches in the last 2 week. Funnily enough it is since I have stopped parking at the back of the carpark or taking 2 spaces up etc.

Almost at 80k now so 3.5k miles in a month n half.... No wonder my pockets are feeling lighter lately.

Soldato
Whoever buys that will get a monstrous amount of car for their money, presuming inspection doesn't show it to be a lemon! Shame about the horrendous interior colour though!

(Yes, I'm in the anti-red-interior camp :p).

Associate
Picked up the car just before 5pm tonight and literally walked in the door about half hour ago, been a long day! I will get some pictures up tomorrow once I have taken some.

The only fault so far I can see is that the CD player will not read any CD. You load the CD in and it just comes up with Check CD. I have tried numerous CD's just incase one was scratched, but no joy. I will phone the dealer tomorrow, hopefully they can suggest something as I really don't fancy a 4 hour trek back up north to have it looked at!

Other than that it drove beautifully. Didn't really go any speed as I had both my kids and wife in the car, but was very smooth.

Yeah the tax isn't nice, but we have just gone down to 1 vehicle from 2, so in theory the tax we are paying out in total will be about the same. Wife wasn't too impressed how much the tax cost though.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
This estate could tempt me back into the ST220 fraternity. Stunning :)
Not a fan of the red seats but that's a matter of taste. Otherwise it seems like a great example. Low mileage which is getting rarer and rarer on these cars (obviously). Xenon headlamps and parking sensors look to have been added which are desirable.

I agree with Rybo that it's overpriced though.

The only fault so far I can see is that the CD player will not read any CD. You load the CD in and it just comes up with Check CD. I have tried numerous CD's just incase one was scratched, but no joy. I will phone the dealer tomorrow, hopefully they can suggest something as I really don't fancy a 4 hour trek back up north to have it looked at!
Don't worry too much about the stereo - it's not that great anyway (both in sound and features). Spend £300 or so on a nice new double-din with bluetooth support. Maybe could get the garage to contribute a bit towards it.

Back
Top Bottom