Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Imy

Imy

Soldato
You won't have poor traction unless you have poor tyres. I know I certainly don't :)
I have tyres which are now 2mm more worn on the inner track than outer one so increasing the pressure may mean the inner track gets less contact which could reduce overall traction (but extend tyre life). I may be over analysing though :)

Some people on the ST drivers forum are still adament that 33/30 PSI are the correct pressures to use.

All S3s have haldex 4WD yes.
I understand that this adds weight but I can't get my head around only a 70KG difference between the behemoth (ok maybe exagerating a little here) that is the mondeo and the Small hatchback that is the S3
I guess the length of the car doesn't add much weight in itself or Ford use more tracing paper esque materials than Audi :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
I guess the length of the car doesn't add much weight in itself or Ford use more tracing paper esque materials than Audi :)

I guess so.
The Audi was well built, but the Mondeo is IMO not far off in terms of build quality, so weight of materials etc I would expectto be very similar.
Both have big heavy electric seats etc.
S3 comes with 17" alloys, mondeo with 18" (if that even makes a difference)
Just googled it and the difference between a quattro and a non quattro A3 is about 300KG, so guess that haldex system weighs more than I thought

Soldato
Well what a night i have had...

Travelled to Rotherham to fetch something and went through a puddle that turned out to be a lake... Emissions light as now come on so guessing i have killed a lambda sensor or something.

Then to top it off, i picked the kid up from his nana's and he spewed all over the car, when i say all over, i mean all over... Was like something out of the exorcist... The little holes in the passenger and drivers seat have sick stuck in them... my iphone was in the cup holder between the seats on charge and he filled that up...

Look forward to smelling sick for the next few weeks...:o

Soldato
Haha reminds me when my friend got an E46 for his 21st, he had it less than 24hrs when his drunk friend through up allover the backseat, he just sat there with his head on the steering wheel in disbelief :D

Soldato
OP
Apparently when I was young, like 2 years old, my brother had a brand new Peugeot 405, and he brought it over about a day after getting it, for us to look at it. I sat in the back and promptly chundered everywhere. I still don't think he's forgiven me :D

Soldato
Already got half of it out with a tooth brush last night. Will tackle it again later with a nail brush.

Then need to find what i have broke for the engine management light to come on (was the same picture as the emissions light on the vxr)

VXR was handy though as you only had to press brake and clutch in and turn the power on and it then tells you the error codes on the dash.

Going to check the breather pipe first, could be a coincidence it split around the same time i went through the puddle. (Prob reason why i acheive no more than 22mpg, also points to lambda sensors to)

Last edited:
Soldato
DTC 'nOnE'. So no error codes that can be picked up in the instrument cluster Self-Diagnostic Mode.

Still i am guessing a crack in the breather pipe that has now turned into a big split or a dead lambda sensor. Will see once i have finished watching F1 qauli repeat.

Soldato
Checked the breather pipe:

6649C4EF-CCB0-4C1E-B2FA-405EAF999886-2081-000001AC14A2ECC3_zps6785aee1.jpg

Its brand new lol...

Got a mate coming round with a diagnostic tool later, so will know whats up. Still guessing the Lambda sensor.

Back
Top Bottom