Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Mileage aside, I can't believe how much you can get for £5k these days:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201303185817082

A proper fully spec'ed Mondeo TXS.
It is a lot of car for the money but hard to put mileage aside when it usually has a large impact on the value.

So how are we all getting on with our revised tyre pressures? :p
Weather's been crap so haven't bothered to change them yet but will do soon. Going to try 39/34 to begin with I think. The guys on the other forum still aren't convinced that 43/38 are the correct pressures to use and I'm not totally convinced either but am more confident that the tyres can at least handle higher pressures than I was before so hopefully no harm in trying it out.

Associate
Roads where I live and work are rubbish and even at 34 all-round, I can feel every bumps and imperfection. Not sure what'll feel like at anything higher. :eek:

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Trying out 40/35 this week. Haven't noticed any difference so far. Fuel economy might be up a bit but schools are off at the moment so that usually puts it up anyway.

Soldato
Was going to post in here last night but then decided i could be bothered to type :p

Anyway, on the way to Bakewell from Chesterfield there is a country road that has had 1 lane closed so it is only 1 way at the moment due to snow still being built up to 7ft on one side of the road.

Me in the ST and my friend in his 156GTA decided to have a bit of fun down this lane (twice) and literally push both cars to there limits going down this 7 miles of bendy fast roads. What a hoot of a time! The ST went brilliant, though i found a bit of roll on the car and the GTA my mate just bought was just mental, it stuck to the road like glue and left me a few times on the bends. (Could be because he has bigger balls though)

Great time though! Especially with the built snow just towering over the car just feet away.

(Just to note: i never went over 60mph on this NSL road :rolleyes: :) )

Soldato
Does anyone know if the driver and passenger seats can be swapped around? The heated seat element is broken on the driver's seat, and rather than fork out a small fortune to replace/repair it, I was wondering if I could just swap the seats over!

Soldato
OP
Was going to post in here last night but then decided i could be bothered to type :p

Anyway, on the way to Bakewell from Chesterfield there is a country road that has had 1 lane closed so it is only 1 way at the moment due to snow still being built up to 7ft on one side of the road.

Me in the ST and my friend in his 156GTA decided to have a bit of fun down this lane (twice) and literally push both cars to there limits going down this 7 miles of bendy fast roads. What a hoot of a time! The ST went brilliant, though i found a bit of roll on the car and the GTA my mate just bought was just mental, it stuck to the road like glue and left me a few times on the bends. (Could be because he has bigger balls though)

Great time though! Especially with the built snow just towering over the car just feet away.

(Just to note: i never went over 60mph on this NSL road :rolleyes: :) )

They hustle very well indeed for a big FWD car! And yet it's very comfortable when you just want to cruise.

I was in Bath for a couple of days over the weekend and there's some fantastic roads leading to/from the nearby countryside, I was having a whale of a time hooning it like a loon, all the while my girlfriend was playing Tetris on her iPad, unphased.

Decent tyres + correct alignment + correct tyre pressures = good fun. Especially since I replaced my slightly sticky rear caliper.

Finally fixed my washer bottle too! That was fiddly.

Soldato
OP
I'd be wary. It's bound to have led a hard life especially with that tow bar. I'm sure you can find a regular-spec 04 with a third of that mileage for similar money, too, despite how clean it looks in photos. Might be worth a punt for £2-2.5k if you can be sure it's been serviced religiously though.

Associate
Oh well, Ill avoid that one then! Just struggling to see anything nice for ~£3k near to me. Lots of choice but most of it in England. I might need to start considering pre-facelifts if I can't see a nice facelift in budget.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Is 187k miles just too much for one of these? Other than the mileage this looks like a great example for the money! :(
Looks nice but I wouldn't personally want such a high mileage car and the price doesn't seem to reflect the moon miles as much as it should.

On a side note I worked out at current fuel prices and my average mpg, it would cost me over £54k in fuel to do that many miles. Mine is currently around 52k miles.

Back
Top Bottom