Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Associate
I quite like that ambient lighting Howard. Well mine is now back with the dealer to sort.

In spite of needing a jump start to get going this morning the journey to the dealer was a pleasant one.

Having not driven the car since Thursday and having to drive the Volvo once again I now have a direct comparison between the too and its just reassured the decision to go for a ST220 was the right one. The whole experience was so much better than my fully functioning Volvo.

Hopefully it will be back with me soon. On the brakes I think they are fine and mine aren't even up to full potential yet as the rear discs and pads were replaced just before I purchased it.

Daz

Soldato
Yeah i think you are right.

Seem i am getting a few things all at once... The noise i get when going up a gear could be the DMF conking... Starter motor can squeal for a second when i start up the car in the morning to.

The joys.

I think that is just a tension/pulley as others have said. Nothing major as far as I know, but it might be worth getting done when you have the time.

Soldato
You can tell the belts and tensioners are ready for changing... This is one of the thing that got me money off the car in the first place.

I have just been lazy and not done amything i was ment to do :p

Associate
Seems the oil leak is indeed coming from the sump gasket as I can see it seeping through the join/seal. Anyone know how much this will set me back if a garage does the work ? I don't really have enough time or skill to attempt this myself.

Soldato
OP
Well I thought this evening was a nice enough evening to wrap my interior silver trim with 3M DI-NOC black brushed aluminium vinyl.

Door before:

1-before.jpg

Gear lever surround before:

2-before.jpg

Clock surround before:

3-before.jpg

Removed the trim from the doors (faff):

4-during.jpg

Half way through wrapping the door trim:

5-during.jpg

Finished wrapping the door trim:

6-after.jpg

Finished wrapping the clock surround:

7-after.jpg

Finished wrapping the gear lever surround:

7.5-after.jpg

All done!

8-finished.jpg

9-finished.jpg

10-finished.jpg

11-finished.jpg

12-finished.jpg

Previous interior pics for reference:

interior1.jpg

interior2.jpg

What do we think? I really like how it's come out and I think it looks a bit smarter and more upmarket than the rather common silver!

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I'm gonna be the odd one out then and say.... it looks a bit gloomier in there now.... and you've got 3 mismatching shades of black down the centre console...

/runs

p.s. you gonna do the 4 silver bits on the steering wheel?

Soldato
OP
Imy - no need to run, everyone has their own tastes :) I like it because I think it makes it look and feel a bit more "premium". The stereo and climate control surrounds do match well in real life - the light from the camera's flash seems to accentuate the very miniscule difference in texture. Maybe I'll take some daylight photos later. The light was fading last night hence the need for bounce flash :)

I did toy with the idea of replacing it with that walnut wood trim but I don't think it really fits with the ST 'ethos'. Shame the facelift Mondeos lost a) Infra Red and b) that piano black effect trim!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I did toy with the idea of replacing it with that walnut wood trim but I don't think it really fits with the ST 'ethos'. Shame the facelift Mondeos lost a) Infra Red and b) that piano black effect trim!

You're probably right, goes well with my DAGADAG diesel though...

Edit: Just realised that picture was taken over 3 years ago! Can't believe I've had the car that long.

Back
Top Bottom