Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I thought it came with the stereo but after looking at the manual again it says in brackets "factory-supplied part".

I've ordered that cage you linked to on ebay. Hope it arrives before the weekend.

Soldato
OP
I can't say for sure what combination of parts will work unfortunately - information on other forums is somewhat vague! Once you get a nice fitment of a double-DIN unit into a facelift dash then it'll be worth documenting for sure. :)

In other news, the boot rattle has been traced to the boot latch, and rectified ;)

Associate
Got mine back about 3 week however I've been away for 2 out of those 3. All sorted 1 new battery and the oil leak fixed not entirely sure on the source of the oil leak. The dealer mentioned something about cam shafts but i am waiting for a receipt for the work to come through to find out for sure.

Few questions for you knowledgeable folk.

Is there a service indicator on these or it is case of watching the miles tick over and knowing when it was last serviced.

Head unit replacements i really miss the quality of the audio in the Volvo but i want to retain the voice control and Bluetooth phone features it has currently is it possible with an aftermarket unit?

Daz

Soldato
OP
Got mine back about 3 week however I've been away for 2 out of those 3. All sorted 1 new battery and the oil leak fixed not entirely sure on the source of the oil leak. The dealer mentioned something about cam shafts but i am waiting for a receipt for the work to come through to find out for sure.

Few questions for you knowledgeable folk.

Is there a service indicator on these or it is case of watching the miles tick over and knowing when it was last serviced.

Head unit replacements i really miss the quality of the audio in the Volvo but i want to retain the voice control and Bluetooth phone features it has currently is it possible with an aftermarket unit?

Daz
The leak could have been from one of the cam cover gaskets going from that description.

No service indicator, just change the oil every 10k and see the service booklet for everything else.

As for head units, take your pick from www.caraudiodirect.co.uk :p

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I found http://www.crutchfield.com to be an invaluable resource when choosing/researching head units. They often go into more detail than the manufacturers do themselves.

Daz: I'm fitting a new cheap Pioneer double-din HU soon so will let you know if there's any improvements in SQ (without any other changes). The Bluetooth on it is meant to be good (you get a separate mic lead to position as you wish) and although it has voice control, I've not read anything about that feature beyond knowing it exists.

Soldato
OP
You'll be pleased at the increase in overall audio quality from the stock Sony unit I'm sure.

Pop a pair of Focal IC570s in the doors if you want a further increase in quality. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom