Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
Ghia trim makes me gagg! Sorry but wood effect = awful.

Just my opinion of course :)

What Howard as done looks loads better. If i lived close enough i would make him do mine :p

Tried wrapping my VXR's diffuser. Ended up needing a new diffuser :D

Soldato
OP
Proper mats would compliment the interior Howard.

I have proper Ford mats now, have done for a while :) I took the "before" interior pics a couple of years ago when I still had the dodgy half-rubber mats and inferior gear knob :)

Tried wrapping my VXR's diffuser. Ended up needing a new diffuser :D

Rofl

It's not too difficult if you take your time and use plentiful heat (but not too much!) :)

Soldato
sorry - terrible quality. No ticktick and no dagdag, though.

http://www.filedropper.com/engineidle

Sorry, only just realised someone had replied. Can just hear the belts doing their job on your one. Thanks for that :)

Luckily enough for me, GF's brother-in-law is the top man around when it comes to Noble engine rebuilds. So i will give him my car and see what he can do with it.

Also, something else i noticed today which is a bit poo... Noticed the Roof rack clip covers are just there for show as there is nothing bloody underneath them. Was just abouts to buy a roof rack for the bikes too.....

Soldato
OP
I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say it sounds like "Gas" but they've always been a bit noisy and whiny especially when steering at very low speeds. Dry-steering does put a lot more pressure on them

Soldato
Also, something else i noticed today which is a bit poo... Noticed the Roof rack clip covers are just there for show as there is nothing bloody underneath them. Was just abouts to buy a roof rack for the bikes too.....

The fittings will be there, but they are full of sealant from the factory and you need to clear it out with a screwdriver or something.

Soldato
Just having a good read through all the history paperwork. The previous guy took the car for a service and wheel alignment every 6months over the 4 years and 25k miles he had it.

Spent a total of £4k-ish in servicing and tyres +2 alloys.

Seriously getting ripped off by a Ford garage called PERRYS.

Some silly bills like:
N/S and O/S REPEATERS INCORRECT COLOUR M.O.T FAIL: FITTED PRICE £63.93
DISKS FRONT WORN AND CORRODED: FITTED PRICE £228.80
SPLIT VAC PIPE: FITTED PRICE £103.65

Even stuff like a normal oil service they have charged him £218. The list goes on.

The guy clearly didn't know much about cars, so the garage have just took the ****.

What it does tell me though, is that this guy was a bit of a 'Howard' when it come to maintaining his car and making sure everything was perfect.

Thought I would give the history a good scan through to make sure it hasn't already had a new clutch. Coming 84k miles I can see it being ready soon. Even though a clutch test would say different.

Also, on the way home from the airport last night I noticed a whirring noise coming from the N/S front, so guessing the wheel bearing is on the way out. Pretty normal for a 9 year old car I guess.

Quit my job today to so I have plenty of time to sort some things out.

Soldato
OP
N/S and O/S REPEATERS INCORRECT COLOUR M.O.T FAIL: FITTED PRICE £63.93
DISKS FRONT WORN AND CORRODED: FITTED PRICE £228.80
SPLIT VAC PIPE: FITTED PRICE £103.65

Even stuff like a normal oil service they have charged him £218. The list goes on.
Bloody hell. :D

I replaced my side repeaters recently because the old ones had filled up with grime and gone a little bit manky. £16.85 on eBay for genuine items.

What it does tell me though, is that this guy was a bit of a 'Howard'

:eek:

:o

Quit my job today to so I have plenty of time to sort some things out.
Hope you've got plenty of money though.. :p

The only thing I really need / want to do to mine at the moment is source where at the back of the car the rattly trim sound is coming from. I need to get in the boot while my dad drives me around I think, in similar fashion to when I found the bonnet hinge rattle by jogging alongside the car as he drove it. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
What it does tell me though, is that this guy was a bit of a 'Howard'

:eek:

:o

The only thing I really need / want to do to mine at the moment is source where at the back of the car the rattly trim sound is coming from. I need to get in the boot while my dad drives me around I think, in similar fashion to when I found the bonnet hinge rattle by jogging alongside the car as he drove it. :D

/Case closed :p

Imy

Imy

Soldato
If all the bits arrive this week I'll hopefully be fitting that stereo this weekend.

Should I get help or can a novice do it?

Any recommendations for routing the microphone?

Back
Top Bottom