Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
Yeah when I say rushed. What I did wrong was seal the exhaust parts, part by part and put them straight on without thinking what the exhaust tips would look like.

When levelling them up I was moving the exhaust sections about so the seal was being messed about to much.

Imy, did you have more exhaust mounts put on? Seems like a good idea.

Soldato
OP
Did you use the existing rubber mounts? Mine look fine.

From what I've read, you shouldn't need to seal a well-made exhaust system if it's tight enough and not cheap and nasty.

I'm basically going to work backwards anyway, fitting the mid pipes etc first. It's nice that it's sectional, and not one great big lump like the OEM system. If I have any grief getting it off I'm going to take the grinder to it.

Soldato
Yeah, New mounts will be better. Mine have stretched a bit. Main reason for the flexi noise I think.

You should only get 1 rubber with the JP, there is one mount in the middle next to the spare wheel that the old system doesn't use.

That is what I did, mid Y pipe first to the back and inserted the sections fully in, which made the exhaust tips sit too far in.

Soldato
OP
Just ordered some new hangers from Ford and will pick them up tomorrow. Seemed like the best idea, I can now destroy anything I need to in order to get the old one off easily ;) And it should all go together nicely. :)

Back
Top Bottom