Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
Most will come with a mic, the best way is to route it up the A-pillar up to the roof lining or similar. Tis simple enough :)

Simple enough for a noob like me? ;) Based on your experience what do you think is the best route to take with the cable for the least amount of fuss?

Also, do I need to remove the entire door trim to replace the speakers or can I just pop out the covers and get to them that way?

For those interested, I've ordered (so far):

- Alpine CDE-W235BT
- Connects2 CT23FD05 - Ford Mondeo 2003> Double Din Fascia Fitting Kit
- Connects2 steering wheel stalk patch lead + Alpine adaptor

Dead excited to be picking the car up on Tuesday :)

Soldato
OP
Look a few pages back in the thread where Imy fitted a double-din unit, it wasn't plain sailing but he managed it in the end - some of the fascia kits aren't great and there isn't much room back there. But I have no direct experience I'm afraid.

It's probably easiest to run the mic cable down the passenger side A pillar - remove the glovebox etc and you'll be able to run the cable under the dashboard. There's plenty of guides on taking things apart etc on www.fordwiki.co.uk but once you get the car you can always ask here :)

The door cards are easy to remove - there's screws round the edge, one inside the arm rest / handle (you have to remove the little L-shaped insert), one behind a little round plastic blanking insert inside the door pull and one inside another blanking insert where the door mirror is. Then it just lifts off and gives you full access to the speaker.

Soldato
The ST220 has caught my eye recently. The trouble is I'd be changing from a car that is pretty much mechanically 100% perfect and will be for the foreseeable. Can't quite bring myself to part with it.

Convince me :p (95%+ of my mileage is motorway)

Last edited:
Soldato
Tough one, complete different kind of car.

Personally if i had a S14 and didn't have a family/toys/bikes to lug about, i would keep it over the ST220.

If i had a family/toys/bikes to lug about like i have, then yes the ST220 is a great car. Can do all the lugging about and still have fun when i want.

Soldato
I quite like the idea of having cruise control, comfortable seats etc, don't desperately need the space but there would be times where it would come in handy. I reckon running costs will be very similar. As I spend so much time on the motorway it just seems that the 200 is wasted.

Soldato
Sounds reasonable to me, my driving is similar in the 328i, 95% pootling at 60, 5% full beans. Get 29-30 out of that so nice to know the 15 should be as good if not a little better.

Anyway, back to Mondeos...

Soldato
17 around town! No wonder they're so cheap to purchase.

By around town, do you mean lots of short, stop and start?

Shame it's so thirsty, especially given that the performance stats aren't exactly amazing. I think it'd be perfect for pootling along on the motorway though? I know a Mondeo 2.0 Ghia would be more suitable but the ST is surely the way to go!

Soldato
Around town I mean taking kid to school, nipping in to see mother, bit of shopping and the odd bombing it down bypass when ever I am near it.

That kind of around town driving.

Back
Top Bottom