Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Associate
I may have a split somewhere on the UIM breather hose as the car this morning was a little rough on idle (jumping from 1-1.2k even when warmed up). Has anyone changed one over before? I'm trying to look for the part but can't find any places online that sells it. Part number should be FINIS CODE 4461858.

Associate
It's actually booked in for tomorrow at the dealers, but thought I'll have a bash at it beforehand since it doesn't seem too hard to change. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Caporegime
Rebushing is for winners, really let me down my sloppy rear end on my Mondeo it was so apparent after having my dc2 rebushed. Improvement was more than night and day :cool:

Soldato
OP
Oh I have a buckled wheel too apparently. That'll be the Grand Canyon that I drove through last year on a narrow unlit country lane. Sorry, I mean a pothole :rolleyes:

£187 ex vat for one new wheel... Ouch. Time to keep an eye on eBay. Problem is, all the ones for sale seem to be nicely scuffed, and mine are mostly spotless!

Associate
Oh I have a buckled wheel too apparently. That'll be the Grand Canyon that I drove through last year on a narrow unlit country lane. Sorry, I mean a pothole :rolleyes:

£187 ex vat for one new wheel... Ouch. Time to keep an eye on eBay. Problem is, all the ones for sale seem to be nicely scuffed, and mine are mostly spotless!

buy a cheap scuffed one (thats straight!) then have it refurbed for £45

Although i know these are dimond cut so depending on how perfect you want it could be a bit more to refurb, but generally a lot cheaper than new !

Soldato
OP
Hmm could do. Mine have all been painted at some point anyway! Maybe I'll wait a bit and have them all refurbed at the same time as doing a new wheel, as they're showing slight signs of paint peelage

Soldato
I may have a split somewhere on the UIM breather hose as the car this morning was a little rough on idle (jumping from 1-1.2k even when warmed up). Has anyone changed one over before? I'm trying to look for the part but can't find any places online that sells it. Part number should be FINIS CODE 4461858.

Had mine replaced last month by my local indie, part was about £40 and a hours labour. (He replaced my washer pump as well but all places tend to charge an hours labour regardless)

If your idle has gone up and you can hear a hissing sound after turning the engine off then the hose has split. It also caused my engine management light to come on.

Depending on where its split you might be able to bodge repair it, look on ST forums as it's a really common issue.

Car feels 100% better after replacing the pipe.

Last edited:
Associate
Had mine replaced last month by my local indie, part was about £40 and a hours labour. (He replaced my washer pump as well but all places tend to charge an hours labour regardless)

If your idle has gone up and you can hear a hissing sound after turning the engine off then the hose has split. It also caused my engine management light to come on.

Depending on on where its split you might be able to bodge repair it, look on ST forums as it's a really common issue.

Car feels 100% better after replacing the pipe.

Do you know what error code is throws ? i had a weird error code last week, garage cleared it and it has not come back yet but i think it might be this uim breather hose as i have a slight high idle and i know this is one of the most common faults

Associate
I did read about the duct tape bodge fix. :cool:

I was intending to take a proper look at it this lunchtime see if there was any leaks but it's been chucking it down with rain all day so I've not had the chance. I've not had the engine management light come on though, but I'll rather sort this out sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom