Who shaves their head?

Associate
Do it now, before the beard comes.. cos otherwise it appears to all you couldnt face it until you had a beard to "mitigate"... Just face it up like a man... Nothing wrong with hair loss. Happens to MANY men. Worse thing is camouflaging it!

Soldato
I'll be needing to join the head shaving club soon enough, I still have very thick hair around the back and sides but the crown is oh so thin, and the front is following suit.

Not sure when I should bite the bullet and shave, maybe once my beard game is stronger!

It took me quite a while from first thinking about shaving my head to actually doing it. Looking back I shouldn't have hesitated, I should have done it straight away rather than second guessing myself. In the end it all came off before we went on holiday to the canaries - so at least when I got back the skin tone was even all round.

I also should have done it around this time of year while it's warm instead of September as things cool off. It's noticeable when the weather is cool.

Associate
Used clippers for a few years. Gradually reducing the grade until down to just the blade. Still a faff so now Mach 3 it every 3 days whilst having a shower. Quick and easy.

Pet Northerner
Don
I'll be needing to join the head shaving club soon enough, I still have very thick hair around the back and sides but the crown is oh so thin, and the front is following suit.

Not sure when I should bite the bullet and shave, maybe once my beard game is stronger!

Same boat hairwise, back and sides much thicker than the front top and crown. Last year I bit the bullet and do a no guard all over every week or so (make that 3 since lockdown).

I much prefer it!

Caporegime
How much are you spending on those drugs/chemicals monthly?

6 months minoxidil was £40 and 6 months of 1mg finasteride was £59, therefore £16.50 per month.

Them side effects. :eek: Is that really worth it?

So far yes as I've had no noticeable sides, though the hysteria around finasteride is bizarre considering much more potent DHT inhibitors like dutasteride are prescribed in their droves and the incidents of sides from both have been shown to be largely nocebo.

Some studies show as little as 2% get sides and some studies have shown placebo groups to suffer greater rates of reported erectile disfunction than groups taking finasteride.

The panic around not being able to get it up and your willy falling off etc. is apparently vastly overblown.

Everything is working fine so far.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Much cheaper than I thought. Albeit results are looking decent too. Is 3 months for that to be the final effect or does it take longer to show full results?

I've got a mate who is considering a transplant but I reckon he would have a go at this first.

Caporegime
Much cheaper than I thought. Albeit results are looking decent too. Is 3 months for that to be the final effect or does it take longer to show full results?

I've got a mate who is considering a transplant but I reckon he would have a go at this first.
It's cheap because the patent on branded finasteride, Propecia, has expired so people are producing dirt cheap generics. I'm not sure I could have stomached full price Propecia, but they're functionally identical products.

3 months is considered minimum time to notice any results at all, most say assess after 12 months so I'm pretty happy and optimistic so far.

I'm still likely to go for an HT once Turkey opens back up.

Soldato
From hippy to hooligan and I feel way better now. Years of worry, pills and potions over nothing. Just didn't realise until it was all gone and the world was still spinning just fine.

BcBhFg6.png
Looking a bit miffed as this was shave day

PQL0emJ.jpg

Soldato
From hippy to hooligan and I feel way better now. Years of worry, pills and potions over nothing. Just didn't realise until it was all gone and the world was still spinning just fine.

BcBhFg6.png
Looking a bit miffed as this was shave day

PQL0emJ.jpg

Did the same. Had hair long enough for me to sit on, then one day just shaved it all off. Proper shock to the system. Still, I don't miss waking up with a mouthful of hair or it sticking to my stubble like Fuzzy Felt.

Soldato
Did the same. Had hair long enough for me to sit on, then one day just shaved it all off. Proper shock to the system. Still, I don't miss waking up with a mouthful of hair or it sticking to my stubble like Fuzzy Felt.

I can relate to that mate and have a bum wiping story that 's probably best left right there!

Back shaving vs. minox and pills - it comes down to why you really want to keep your hair and how much of that stems from insecurity. In my case it nearly all stemmed from insecurity re. to various things vs just wanting to look better. If anythign shaving helped deal with much more than just the hair problem. I get what you're saying, Ayahuasca, but i've yet to know someone who doesn't look better when they shave thinning hair and owns it.

Not at all, Italian heritage?

Not that I know of. Mostly Norman according to my dad.

Associate

Dependent on your skin colour and complexion, clipper your hair in stages, getting shorter each time to allow your head to get a bit of colour and also, it allows you to get used to the new look - otherwise if you go all in and shave, you could end up looking a bit pasty.

Caporegime
Dependent on your skin colour and complexion, clipper your hair in stages, getting shorter each time to allow your head to get a bit of colour and also, it allows you to get used to the new look - otherwise if you go all in and shave, you could end up looking a bit pasty.

Indeed, we had a name for a guy that did this, two tone Jerome.

Back
Top Bottom