• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's ditching 48XX for 58XX?

AMG

AMG

Soldato
I m going to upgrade my PC in another way....sound card ready for surround sound, maybe another hard drive and some damm braiding :p later to the time I upgrade, Ill probley get another 24inch samsung, to make it worth while ;)

Soldato
i might once the prices drop but for the moment the 4850 1 gig version is handling any thing i throw at it (crysis warhead second highest settings) @ 1920x1200 :)

AMG

AMG

Soldato
I need to sort out my system... one quarter power bill came out at over £500. Maybe I should ditch the crossfire.

:eek::eek: :eek:

what are you runing quad fire :O

saying that my parents bill was only £150 this time for 3 months or something or was it 6 ...meh only have the meter read like twice -3 times a year, just after xmas it was over 300 :eek:

Associate
Djkav,

Thank you for evaluating Windows 7 and it's great to hear that you are enjoying your experience so much! If you are planning on purchasing Windows 7 when it is released it may be helpful to know you don't have to wait until October to reserve your copy of Win 7! You can pre-order your copy of Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional today. For more information, see the Windows 7 Pre-Order offer page
Also, if you are currently a student you may qualify for the $30 upgrade to Windows 7.

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Associate
Ive replaced my entire system due to problems with the 4870 performing worse than a 8800GTX.

Old System:
Q6600 @3Ghz
8GB DDR 2 800Mhz RAM
8800GTX Nvidia Graphics Card
Asus Motherboard (forget which one)
700w JeanTech PSU
Creative labs XFI-Xtreme Music Sound Card

New System:
-AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 955 Black Edition 3.20GHz Overclocked to 3.80GHz!
- Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P (Socket AM3) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
- Corsair XMS3 DHX 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600C9DHX
- Gelid Silent Spirit CPU Cooler CPU Cooler
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM
- LG CH08LS10 8x Blu-Ray Reader/16x DVD±RW - Black
- Coolermaster Elite 335 Case - Black
- 5870 Graphics Card
- 2 x 60GB Solid State Drives @ RAID 0

Hoping to game comfortably at 1900x1200 res and eventually moving to a 3 monitor setup. I think the motherboard is 16x on single GPU but only 8x on Xfire so I dont know if it will be worth upgrading to 2x 5870's without motherboard replacement...

Anway reason for change was I purchased a 4870 to replace the 8800GTX due to it dying. The 4870 gave extremely bad performance even after completely flattening of computer. Cant be bothered to replace it commponent by component as no one is 100% sure what the problem is so opted just to replace the entire rig as its quite old now.

Will create new thread on its performance when i get it but its been sitting in "warehouse" queue now for 6 days :(

Associate
I'm interested in upgrading my 4870 1gig to a 5850, though ideally want to know more about the onboard sound of this card as it will go straight to my 40" LCD so any sound via hdmi will be a great addition.
One of the reasons I bought this card - got it linked up to my 50" Panny Plasma with the hdmi (one less lead from PC to TV and sound seems better quality too). I don't have the AV receiver currently to fully test out the HD sound capabilities over hdmi though.

Associate
Quite happy with my 4870 vapour-X as I game on a 20" screen, any more is a waste atm. But looking forward to next years upgrade as I can see lots of goodies being around at reasonable prices.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
pretty much my evaluation of the card, awesome yes....when Nvidia stops sabotaging games :mad: As there are not many for DX11 if any at all, and not many for ATI cards.

is the card worth it no I think its only worth £250, but than again its that high cos they got the market to themselfs plus I m guessing supply is not that great, cos dell ate them all :p

Back
Top Bottom