whos just bought a brand new car?

Caporegime
Nickg said:
and i just dont understand why u were in the middle of the road for 80% of the film lol

Because it's the best place to be to see what is coming and to stay out of the crap and potholes at the side of the road, if nothing is around then why not????

Soldato
Cassius Clarke said:
its funny the way jelousy gets in the way or normal thinking, saying people who drive fast cars think they are better is like saying all elise owners are hairdressers! its a completly unfounded comment.

like living in Essex?

Cassius Clarke said:
trust the essex boy to give it charlie big time, I think the people in the car look like they are having a great time, you know, fun? as in, they can see whats coming round the corners and are only on the opposite side when saftley overtaking slower moving vehicles, or when it is safe to do so lighten up chuck.

had a motorbike been coming the other way, I don't think you would have seen it round a number of those bends.

Caporegime
Nickg said:
because there was traffic around and he did it on a few blind bends?

There were no blind bends, On the right of the video you can see it is all open land, you can see 'around' corners. That car will be very wide and bumps will unsettle it. I certainly wouldn't want to be in a VERY powerful rear wheel drive under full throttle bouncing along potholes.

Quite ironic really how people are calling them blind bends, seems it is their observation that is lacking.

Caporegime
Simon said:
There were no blind bends, On the right of the video you can see it is all open land, you can see 'around' corners. That car will be very wide and bumps will unsettle it. I certainly wouldn't want to be in a VERY powerful rear wheel drive under full throttle bouncing along potholes.

Quite ironic really how people are calling them blind bends, seems it is their observation that is lacking.

Perhaps it's because people think that the drivers head only looks in one direction like the camera does, whereas the drivers head is probably turning so that he can look around and through the corners.
Also the view around and through corners would be greatly aided by the driver taking wide lines across the center white line to see further through the corner .

There was not one single blind bend on that entire video that I could see

Associate
OP
the bloke in the pub who i got the vid from *cough* recons it was a ex racing driver turned racing instructor driving the car, obviously ill have to take his word for it as I dont know either way ;)

the guy he apparently recons was driving has been professionally racing cars AND motorbikes winning UK champoinships for the last 9 years and has (as of 2 years ago) stopped competing professionally and is now training britians new stars (o and some porsche/ferrari/lambo owners on track days)

so he says ;)

Soldato
Driving doesn't look bad to me, visibility is good, could have been pushed harder.

Nice car, nice sound, more videos please but get a decent camera man. :p

Soldato
Cassius Clarke said:
the bloke in the pub who i got the vid from *cough* recons it was a ex racing driver turned racing instructor driving the car, obviously ill have to take his word for it as I dont know either way ;)

the guy he apparently recons was driving has been professionally racing cars AND motorbikes winning UK champoinships for the last 9 years and has (as of 2 years ago) stopped competing professionally and is now training britians new stars (o and some porsche/ferrari/lambo owners on track days)

so he says ;)

bit rubbish at corners thou, tell him that

Associate
Watched the video, rubbish cameraman.
Didnt see anything particularly dangerous in the vid, just a wobbly view from a ferrari.
I have no opinion on the driving skill, and also have no reason to be jealous. IMO Ferrari are horrid cars, but that is my personal opinion. Nothing on that video made me swoon at all.. I would rather stop the Ice Cream van and have a 99 :D

So, who is the 'driver', or will he not be revealed for legal reasons? Although, that vid did not seem excessively illegal speeds, but that could have been the camera work.

Associate
Awesome car, the 3rd I've seen today. I was at Hudsons of London, millions of pound worth of cars. Aston Martins looked like junk amongst some of the supercars there. Veyron was there last week, once in a lifetime oppertunity to get that close without being at a motorshow, plus its very different seeing it up close with the engine running :D .

Associate
The driving was fine, who cares if you stray to the other side of the road if you can clearly see what's coming? I do it all the time when driving fast.

Gorgeous car, looks awesome fun :cool:

Would like to see some driving videos of people pointing out mistakes in Cassius's.

Man of Honour
Err, did everyone see the same video or have I missed something?

That's basically how I drive to work most days. The only move I'd not have duplicated was the overtake of the bus and that's because neither the 205 or the Mondeo have got the firepower to pull that sort of overtake off.

For the people at the other end of the spectrum who think the driver was ambling along and couldn't drive a greasy stick up a dog's arse, do remember that in car cameras, unless mounted really low knock about 30% of the speed off compared to real life.

What I find weird is that Dangerous posts a similar vid around roundabouts and bypasses in Chester and you all flog your johnsons like there's no tomorrow.

You lot are so inconsistent :p

Caporegime
Lopéz said:
What I find weird is that Dangerous posts a similar vid around roundabouts and bypasses in Chester and you all flog your johnsons like there's no tomorrow.
:D Ace.

I don't think forum likes posters with less than 2,000 posts :p

Soldato
This is what makes me laugh about this forum. If someone buys a run of the mill car you all congratulate him. If someone buys an F430 we get all the "oooh your just a willy waver" and "your crap at driving" type comments. You would wave your willy too if you owned one. I drive like that on the odd occasion and most of yu if you ever had the chance to own a car like that would drive as fast as he was. I doubt he gives a **** what you think of his driving anyway.

Nice car CC, enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom