whos just bought a brand new car?

Soldato
Cassius Clarke
That is a nice car the owner must be really happy with it, sounded ace. :D

As for the driving comments, how many of you having driving a Mid engine RWD car?

I know mine isnt in the same league and costs no where near as much as the Ferrari but they can bite and who wants to wrap a new car into a tree? :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Lovely car, and nothing wrong with the driving. I remember watching a program a while back and it was showing traffic police being trained. They are actually taught to use the whole road where safe to do so, exactly like the driver of this vid.

It's the same as taking the correct line on a race rack, it's the quickest way round a corner.

The only thing that confuses me is that there appears to no need to be taking those lines, as the car was no where near it's level of grip.

Last edited:
Soldato
wasnt too keen on driving like that at that time of the day (too busy, too much going on) so thats silly.

i thought the gear changes were good tho, but assume its a paddle change box?

A5H

A5H

Permabanned
Goddammit.
What is that bloke in the pubs yearly income? I've always been curious as to how much you'd need to earn to afford something like that...

I am jealous :(

Should have got a mondeo though you willy waving jerk :mad:

:p

Ash

Associate
OP
anyways, the best vid is yet to come but im in two minds to post it or not, *not sure if it was the same new F430* cos as you know there is a few around here :confused: but I might have a vid with the same F430 being followed by the gemballa ;)

obviously i drive like a *** and dont want the abuse so I think its best I dont post.

Associate
OP
unfortunatly its just a GT Coupe, based on a 996 C2 (3.6 bored to 3.8) non turbo non supercharged and I sold the gemballa alloys and replaced with GT3 3 peice split rims cos they where less then half the weight of the gemballa alloys (but i got good money for the old ones so who cares)

still not convinced i should post more stuff, the green eyed monsters seem to be at large today.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Cassius Clarke said:
anyways, the best vid is yet to come but im in two minds to post it or not, *not sure if it was the same new F430* cos as you know there is a few around here :confused: but I might have a vid with the same F430 being followed by the gemballa ;)

obviously i drive like a *** and dont want the abuse so I think its best I dont post.

Yes, yes you should post it. I have posted vids of my driving on here and got a bit of a roasing, I don't even try to justify myself now TBH, I just brush the OMG CHILD KILLOR!!!111one! comments aside...;)

Caporegime
DreXeL said:
Lovely car, and nothing wrong with the driving. I remember watching a program a while back and it was showing traffic police being trained. They are actually taught to use the whole road where safe to do so, exactly like the driver of this vid.

It's the same as taking the correct line on a race rack, it's the quickest way round a corner.

The only thing that confuses me is that there appears to no need to be taking those lines, as the car was no where near it's level of grip.

Taking correct lines around corners on a race track is as you say to maximise the level of grip versus corner speed.
Taking those sorts of lines around corners on the open road like the police you saw, and like this guy, is nothing to do with maximising grip, it so that he and the police drivers can see what the hey is coming the other way, because unlike on a race track (most of the time) there are often vehicles traveliing in the opposite direction to you on the open road, so take a wide line on the entry to a corner and see what is happening the other side ofthe corner earlier and then you have more time to do something about it.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Entai said:
Taking correct lines around corners on a race track is as you say to maximise the level of grip versus corner speed.
Taking those sorts of lines around corners on the open road like the police you saw, and like this guy, is nothing to do with maximising grip, it so that he and the police drivers can see what the hey is coming the other way, because unlike on a race track(most of the time) there are often vehicles traveliing in the opposite direction to you on the open road, so take a wide line and see what is happening earlier and then you have more time to do something about it.

I stand corrected :)

Caporegime
DreXeL said:

Of course the other group of people who regularly get taught to drive like this are drivers going for their IAM awards.

Some instructors only go as far as the white lines others, like myself, teach tehir students to use as much road as possible givean all the relevant circumstances.

with a car like yours I would have thought that you would drive like this aswell so that you can maximise safety and performance at the same time.
Please do not take that in a bad way I am only saying to get the best from a car like that you need to learn to drive to a very high level. No offence intended.

Soldato
Didn't seem very irrational to me much at all.

There was plenty of space to see thew road ahead (lets not forget thats from a passenger view so driver would see even more) and there was plenty of room to see/pull in for oncoming traffic.

He's not driving a Mondeo Ghia with RSAP Kit either, so is capable of overtaking much more than an Astra Merit on 17s with a silly exhaust sticking out of its arse.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Entai said:
with a car like yours I would have thought that you would drive like this aswell so that you can maximise safety and performance at the same time. Please do not take that in a bad way I am only saying to get the best from a car like that you need to learn to drive to a very high level. No offence intended.

No offence taken, I'm always open to a bit of advice :)

I do tend to go right to the white line, and certain bends that I know well (and have great visablility) I cut completely when clear.

Back
Top Bottom