Why do people buy Rustlers microwave burgers?

Caporegime
OP
They always have a use by date months ahead, how is that possible. Same with those rolls thay you find at corner shop when they run out of normal ones. They have use by date in the next year.

All the nasty preservatives, and the nature of the packaging.

Had a rustlers burger and a McDonalds burger today. Can confirm that the McDonalds burger was better quality meat, with far better sauces and salad (as expected) but the quality of the toasted Rustlers bun made the Rustlers have an overall consistency closer to that of a "proper" burger.

For science! :p

Man of Honour
All the nasty preservatives, and the nature of the packaging.

Had a rustlers burger and a McDonalds burger today. Can confirm that the McDonalds burger was better quality meat, with far better sauces and salad (as expected) but the quality of the toasted Rustlers bun made the Rustlers have an overall consistency closer to that of a "proper" burger.

For science! :p

RIP

Associate
Bluergh. Lazy students food. Once you start cooking for yourself in even the most basic manner, these vile meat-like objects become completely pointless.

I would only eat one if I was starving and all the Waitrose / M&S food stores around were closed.

Soldato
Soldato
I just buy good quality mince and make my own. Takes around 3 minutes to form whilst a pan heats up. Add salt, pepper, Worcester sauce etc. Cook for around 4 mins per side depending on thickness. Don't see what's hard about that.

Associate
The lols I am getting from people saying to cook the burger from a microwave burger, on a grill.

buy some mince, shape into burger, put on grill - enjoy burger.

Soldato
The lols I am getting from people saying to cook the burger from a microwave burger, on a grill.

buy some mince, shape into burger, put on grill - enjoy burger.

You could say that about anything though.

I'm currently going through a phase of cooking my own pizzas which I find simple but people still happily £20 for Domino's to do it for them. Go figure

2nb68fl.jpg

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You could say that about anything though.

I'm currently going through a phase of cooking my own pizzas which I find simple but people still happily £20 for Domino's to do it for them. Go figure

2nb68fl.jpg
I think the point he's making, is that those people are cooking the burgers in a way which contradicts the instructions and defeats the simplicity of the "put in microwave for 60 secs. done."

Caporegime
If you're not putting some finely chopped coriander in your homemade burgers then I don't know what to tell you. Also, Worcester Sauce guy above - good call, sir. Putting your formed burgers in the fridge for 10 minutes or so will help the mince/egg/herb/spice mixture gel together nicely, ensuring a non-crumbling burger experience.

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;26838024 said:
If you're not putting some finely chopped coriander in your homemade burgers then I don't know what to tell you. Also, Worcester Sauce guy above - good call, sir. Putting your formed burgers in the fridge for 10 minutes or so will help the mince/egg/herb/spice mixture gel together nicely, ensuring a non-crumbling burger experience.

Listen to this man, he uses the brash facade of the capering jester to hide the delicate soul of a gourmand. He's a lot like the rat from that Pixar film.

I haven't made homemade burgers for ages, the missus isn't a fan, she is however away for part of the weekend, anybody got any suggestions? I've got a good line in standard burgers and chilli burgers, though up until now have been let down by my attempts at a cheesy middle.

Soldato
Listen to this man, he uses the brash facade of the capering jester to hide the delicate soul of a gourmand. He's a lot like the rat from that Pixar film.

I haven't made homemade burgers for ages, the missus isn't a fan, she is however away for part of the weekend, anybody got any suggestions? I've got a good line in standard burgers and chilli burgers, though up until now have been let down by my attempts at a cheesy middle.

I put a ton of stuff in mine.

Patty formed with mince, finely chopped onion and finely chopped green bell pepper. Flatten it out in a large bowl and sprinkle on steak seasoning, smoked paprika, garlic powder, mustard powder, ground or chopped coriander, black pepper, celery salt, worcestershire sauce and an egg. Mix that all thoroughly together, form into patties, in the fridge for 20 minutes to set a little, then out of the fridge for 10, and onto the grill.

Can swap the seasoning around a bit depending on what you're after - a bit of chilli powder or jerk seasoning, for example.

Turkey mince is also great for making home-made turkey burgers. Use a lighter amount of seasoning, less salt, top with bacon, lettuce, thick tomato slices and bbq sauce. NOM.

Soldato

My misses hates coriander so that's a no go. It makes ordering a curry a nightmare!

Yeah definitely pop em in the fridge that's a good call. Most of the time I find egg isn't needed, though it makes it a safer call to just do it anyway.

Man I'm hungry now...

Soldato

Man after my own heart.

My personal recipe is mince, finely chopped onion, pepper, mixed herbs, maybe an egg depending on how many burger I'm making, worcestershire sauce, maybe soy sauce, and a spot of garlic. Beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom