Why do people buy Rustlers microwave burgers?

Soldato
Don't know why people rave about Dominos, overpriced and the bases are pre-bought long life bases not made fresh.

Yes a lot of the indie pizza shops found on street corners are grotty, but there is a few out there that use better ingredients and cook everything from scratch including the bases. You just need to find them.

Lovely place near me, pizzas are the best ever and they don't do offers as they don't need to. But still cheaper than Dominos.

Associate
Okay seriously now, I bought a couple out of sheer curiosity, to see just how bad they are. Nothing, I repeat, nothing, could have prepared me for the absolute abomination that these people call "burgers"...

I microwaved it in exactly the way the packaging described, for the right amount of time, and it came out at a temperature not dis-similar to that of the surface of the sun, and smelling like an old shoe.

Now at this point, any expectations I may have had, were well and truly lessened.

After about 48 hours, when it has sufficiently cooled, I bit into it.

the "bread" is somehow soggy and rubbery at the same time, and the "meat" somehow manages to taste of something, while making me unsure of what exactly it is.

The experience was traumatic, and squealchy, and not one which I wish to repeat. Surely nobody buys another one after their first? If you are so desperate for a quick meal, at least buy something of similar cost which is vaguely edible?!

this ticked me. Brilliant post

Soldato
Grilling bacon is best avoided? Why? I always grill bacon. Makes the fat turn crispy as I can't stand rubbery fat.

Why do you eat the fat ? I find that gross. Do you actually enjoy it ? I always trim my bacons and only ever buy lean cuts. I can't stand chewing on fat.

You sir, are a psychopath and need to be removed from our streets with immediate haste. :(

Soldato
Why do you eat the fat ? I find that gross. Do you actually enjoy it ? I always trim my bacons and only ever buy lean cuts. I can't stand chewing on fat.

You sir, are a psychopath and need to be removed from our streets with immediate haste. :(

:eek: I'm the same as you, hate chewy fat. When I buy a bacon sandwich i spend more time dissecting the fat off it than I do eating it. That's why I grill it when at home as the fat turns crispy and i still snap the majority of it off.

Caporegime
OP

People remove the fat? :confused:

As if there is time to do such things when there is bacon to be eaten!

V F

V F

Soldato
Ahhhh wubberwee...

Have never been misfortunate enough to eat airline food. I assume it is probably all pre-prepared and re-heated.

Yep. It was in tinfoil from British Airways. As well as sugar that doesn't dissolve.

you overdone it

I don't create rubbery bacon.

And this thread is messing with my head. Microwave bacon, who are these scary people :(

People remove the fat? :confused:

As if there is time to do such things when there is bacon to be eaten!

I always remove the fat.

Associate
Compared to the McDonalds I just had, they're not THAT bad. Probably was about 3 hours old though.
Haven't eaten one since school, which at the time was cheap and easy.

Caporegime
What a strange thread necro.

I've never had one either, and I doubt I ever will.

Not quite the same but I remember being at Glastonbury, and a mate had 'canned burgers'. I'll never forget how they squelched out of the can on to the frying pan in a weird, thick gravy-like substance....It looked and smelt like dog food. I didn't taste it but it looked horrific.

Caporegime
Why would you microwave the actual bun... just slap them in the toaster and nuke the other contents, far superior result with a crap product.

Soldato
Shortcuts on burgers often baffle me. Just buy beef mince, make a patty, salt and pepper and grill or pan fry your desired way. Toasted buns are a must imo and should take no more than 10 mins in total.

Back
Top Bottom