Why do people buy Rustlers microwave burgers?

Soldato
Is it a shortcut to buy 'fresh' ones that are pre-made?

Is it a shortcut to buy them frozen?
Yes, plus they cost more (quality dependant) and taste worse.

It's personal preference anyway. I love a good burger and it's one of the few things I cook well, so am funny about cheapo versions when a quality burger is so cheap, easy and quick to make.

Soldato
I like the forzen steak ones from Costco.

One thing i really hate is the trend to use that god awful brioche buns. I don't know where it started but i'm sick of asking for a standard bun in places now.

I like them simple really, burger, some proper cheese, lettuce, bit of onion and some sauce.

Soldato
I did buy one to try one day - But it was really gross :/

I see the appeal with the speed of it all, but it doesn't take a lot longer to make a proper burger from scratch :p

Soldato
I make burgers using Sainsbury's taste the difference 30 day matured beef with a nice lump of toasted cheese. Placed on a bed of fried red onions with sliced tomatoes in a Brioche bun. A little chilli ketchup and it goes down a treat.
Yum.

Never tried a Rustler but looked at them a few times in the shop. It's like looking at something dirty :). I did however eat something similar as a 14-16 year old, occasionally. Probably 10x worse than the Rustler version but I'm still alive at the moment :D and my brain doesn't yet resemble a sponge - apparently we'd all have CJD now if we believed what was predicted back then.
Tend to steer clear of red meat now mostly anyway.

X

X

Caporegime
Shortcuts on burgers often baffle me. Just buy beef mince, make a patty, salt and pepper and grill or pan fry your desired way. Toasted buns are a must imo and should take no more than 10 mins in total.

Lol, I can just imagine a building in the middle of a project pulling a hot plate, frying pan, salt, pepper, mince, a toaster, some nice fresh buns, "HOLD ON LADS, I KNOW WE'RE IN A HURRY BUT LET ME JUST MAKE MY BURGERS"

Soldato
Lol, I can just imagine a building in the middle of a project pulling a hot plate, frying pan, salt, pepper, mince, a toaster, some nice fresh buns, "HOLD ON LADS, I KNOW WE'RE IN A HURRY BUT LET ME JUST MAKE MY BURGERS"
Ha I know I know but it's so worth it. Getting the mince from packet to a couple of made pattys is about 2 mins. Whilst they're on the go just pop the buns under the grill and sort your toppings out etc. Job done. Damn it I'm hungry now...

Soldato
I’ve been sans microwave for a few months. I miss the occasional Rustlers burger. As long as you put the bun under the grill they taste fine to me!

Soldato
How to make a burger 'gourmet';
- Brioche bun
- chips in a basket or a cup
- serve on a wooden board
- named cheese i.e. dragon cheddar
- charge an extra £5

Its true.
The cheese bit i dont mind, at least its not the plastic stuff..
But everything else annoys me, those stupid planks of wood. I loved getting one once with a jug of gravy, it was a genuine WTF moment. So i just poured the gravy on anyway.

Back
Top Bottom