Why do people buy Rustlers microwave burgers?

Caporegime
OP
You might as well ask 'why do people go to McDonald's' ?

Convenience and laziness.

But McDonalds is so much nicer, I have been loads of times and I would go again.

Don't get me wrong, when I say "nicer" I don't mean "nice", but it is certainly several times better than that Rustlers thing.

I could fancy a McDonalds, the thought of another Rustler makes me feel ill. I'd rather go hungry. Or down a bottle of something extremely alcoholic first. :p

Soldato
Okay seriously now, I bought a couple out of sheer curiosity, to see just how bad they are. Nothing, I repeat, nothing, could have prepared me for the absolute abomination that these people call "burgers"...

I microwaved it in exactly the way the packaging described, for the right amount of time, and it came out at a temperature not dis-similar to that of the surface of the sun, and smelling like an old shoe.

Now at this point, any expectations I may have had, were well and truly lessened.

After about 48 hours, when it has sufficiently cooled, I bit into it.

the "bread" is somehow soggy and rubbery at the same time, and the "meat" somehow manages to taste of something, while making me unsure of what exactly it is.

The experience was traumatic, and squealchy, and not one which I wish to repeat. Surely nobody buys another one after their first? If you are so desperate for a quick meal, at least buy something of similar cost which is vaguely edible?!

Thats amazing, so it reached a temperature similar to the surface of the sun and it ONLY took 48 hours to cool to eating temperature how did you manage this?

Soldato
so its a macdonalds then?

On the contrary, the McDonald's ingredients:

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/whatmakesmcdonalds/articles/in-our-burgers.html

Only whole cuts of 100% beef go into our famous burgers, and it’s all supplied to us by over 16,000 British and Irish beef farmers.

We only use two dedicated companies to produce our beef burgers, they are OSI in Scunthorpe and Dawn Meats in Ireland.

Skilled butchers prepare our beef, taking care to cut it to our high standards.

Then, it is minced and shaped to create a hamburger patty. There’s nothing added to the beef. Once the beef burgers are made, they’re frozen straightaway, carefully packed and then delivered to our restaurants.

Soldato
I'm going to defend McD's a little.

The Big Mac is actually a nice burger by any reasonable measure, as long as they don't go too mad on the Special Sauce. You can pay 2 or 3x as much and get "gormet", but the Big Mac is still good.

Soldato
I'm going to defend McD's a little.

The Big Mac is actually a nice burger by any reasonable measure, as long as they don't go too mad on the Special Sauce. You can pay 2 or 3x as much and get "gormet", but the Big Mac is still good.

I'm going to agree with you. I do like a Big Mac. Having said that, it would be awesome if the reality lived up to fantasy. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Not had a Rustlers/Speedy Snacks/Similar burger for ages, but I had these frozen ones from Iceland not long ago. 2 frozen cheese burgers for like 89p or something, in microwave for couple of minutes. They were quite satisfying to say the least. If I had more I would have cooked them off straight away. :o

Associate
Maccy D's limited edition burgers are OK but most of the usual stuff like the Double Cheese burger and the so called 'Quarter pounder' are just a sickly mess filled with a ton of sauce to make up for the wafer thin burger meat. It's the only way they can keep the cost down as meat prices inevitably go up.

Back
Top Bottom