Why does Apple have to be so bloody difficult?

Soldato
reminds me of a conversation i had with a friend who could definitely be described as enthusiastic about apple products:
"i don't like micro usb, its weak and it keeps breaking"

since then he's been through 2 iphones and countless broken lightning cables.

and i've broken precisely 1 micro usb cable by accidentally standing on it.

i think the thing about the apple ecosystem is it doesn't work all that well if you only dip your toe into the murky waters, you need to completely submerge yourself.

Man of Honour
You can still dismiss it in Android and make it go away (if you want) though Android works better with an account.

Soldato
Yep think you need one to download apps, think only Microsoft let you get away without an account but it will still nag a little bit.

I was tempted to get a a cheap second hand ipad for reading pdfs and browsing web but I think their latest or upcoming update is going to kill a load of them off isn't it? (64 / 32bit compatibility issues with apps)

Again you only need a gmail account if you are using Google Services, There are plenty of places to download apps legitimately from elsewhere. Amazon being one example.

So again you don't need a gmail account to use Android, Only if you use Google Services.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
"i don't like micro usb, its weak and it keeps breaking"

I went to help a friend with a computer issue who complains about how stuff breaks like that and not well made and keeps breaking (especially the dc socket on their laptops) within the space of about half an hour I saw them carry their laptop around with the power supply plugged in just letting it drop and drag, push the laptop across their desk when moving it out the way so that the plugged in cables impacted on the wall none too gently and twice when they were plugging it into a mains extension strip just let the strip drop onto laminate flooring (not even carpet) from around 4-5 foot.

And some people wonder why things keep breaking?!!?!

Soldato
My ipod when plugged in to my computer once said "the ipod named phil and sarah's Ipod is not associated with this itunes account, please connect the ipod named phil and sarah's ipod". It then deleted all my music from Itunes on the PC. I've never used it since.
The second I realised that burning a compliation disc on iTunes meant each artist got its own folder, rather than the Album folder, it got deleted.

Soldato
I went to help a friend with a computer issue who complains about how stuff breaks like that and not well made and keeps breaking (especially the dc socket on their laptops) within the space of about half an hour I saw them carry their laptop around with the power supply plugged in just letting it drop and drag, push the laptop across their desk when moving it out the way so that the plugged in cables impacted on the wall none too gently and twice when they were plugging it into a mains extension strip just let the strip drop onto laminate flooring (not even carpet) from around 4-5 foot.

And some people wonder why things keep breaking?!!?!

granted there are different standards, although i've never seen a good condition apple cable, so either the manufacturing or the users have a common problem there.

in contrast i have a micro usb charger that's so old i can't even remember what phone it came with (possibly wave 2 or the m8800 i had), but its at least 5+ years old and still looks/functions as good as new.

Caporegime
OP
Wait, this £400 tablet can't receive messages? Seriously?

Hahaha, Apple are so crap.

Took half an hour on the phone with those "geniuses" to tell me that it can't be done.

**** sakes. £400 and it can't even receive messages. LOL.

Caporegime
OP
*no sales outside of MM*

Must be able to receive text messages :D

I don't know what I was thinking trying Apple, last time I tried this it irritated me just as much. As someone said, Apple isn't a tech company, it's a lifetime commitment.

Back
Top Bottom