Why I haven't been on the forums (for quite some time)

Associate
OP
You guys are correct in terms of VAT it's country specific. I checked an OCUK order from a few months back and its 19% VAT (my countries) vs the 20% standard UK vat.

I will add a EU cookie law script now, forgot about that.

Note: It seems digital goods have this law for country specific taxes. I'm going to call my accountant to be sure how to handle this.

Last edited:
Soldato
"For sales within the EU, if you have not exceeded the threshold for the buyer’s country, you should apply your domestic rate of VAT to those sales – if you are VAT registered. Otherwise no VAT should be applied.

Read more: http://www.webretailer.com/lean-commerce/european-ecommerce-vat/#ixzz3wYjKEuhq"

This is for normal goods not "digital goods"

But you're selling normal goods, right?

I think you need a complete re-design TBH. It's like a site from 10 years ago.

Associate
pictures are bad, they could be clearer (they are blurry) and try not to have shadows on the pics especially shadows that run off the edge of the image it doesn't look good and ALL pictures should be taken the same way in the same light for consistency, i noticed some had a grey background and others were white

Soldato
A few points -

Homepage - I don't understand the spacing and icon locations - why are the new products and contact lens buttons larger than the rest? Theres 3 icons off to the left and 3 in the middle, theres no symmetry. Which makes it look unprofessional.

Take the "SALE" off of everything. Just keep one price. The price you are selling it at. if it is truly cheaper or competitive to the competition people will see that, rather than you are saving 30% like a DFS "Sale"

Browse by Brand - Font style and size is off. It just doesn't look right. Too big imo

The pictures of the contact lenses are just laughable also. No focus and not enough light for product photos.

You know what makes it look like a fake ray ban website the most though? The fact that every item has a SALE icon on it. I know I have already mentioned this but seriously it looks awful and shouts SCAM all over.

I hope my constructive criticsm helps a bit.

Soldato
You guys are correct in terms of VAT it's country specific. I checked an OCUK order from a few months back and its 19% VAT (my countries) vs the 20% standard UK vat.

I will add a EU cookie law script now, forgot about that.

Note: It seems digital goods have this law for country specific taxes. I'm going to call my accountant to be sure how to handle this.

You'll need to register in an eu state if the value of vatable sales exceeds a threshold set by that state - it varies.

Associate
Carrera-CA6636-Eyeglasses.jpg

Ugh...

Suspended
Self promotion threads are not allowed. Maybe you should hire a web consultant and start usability testing to fix the issues.

Teacher! Teacher! That kid did a bad thing!

Africanos - I can't really add much to what others have said except that the stock levels are none of a customer's business, you either have something in stock or you don't, I'd remove the "xx in stock" with each product and simply have in stock or out of stock.

Good luck with this, I think with a bit of work and a few tweaks you'll be alright :)

Back
Top Bottom