Why you SHOULD be using Firefox

Soldato

Not sure what to think about this.
Do we need a new browser, if so, which one? Been using FF only forever, Don’t want to change but **** ads.
Hopefully Mozilla will be sensible and not ram adverts in our faces while we're using Firefox. If not, I'm sure somebody will bring out some workaround or a branch of Firefox.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Given that there are forks of Firefox such as Waterfox etc, I can;t see Mozilla adding ads that would instantly make people change to one of the forks - That's a suicide mission. It's likely something else.

Soldato
Associate
Soldato

A new US non-profit organization called the Ladybird Browser Initiative has been set up to develop the Ladybird web browser, based on a new engine that does not borrow code from other browsers.

According to a post this week, the new 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, with initial directors being lead developer Andreas Kling and GitHub co-founder Chris Wanstrath, is funded entirely by sponsorships from those who “care about the open web” and will only accept “unrestricted donations.”

Soldato

A new US non-profit organization called the Ladybird Browser Initiative has been set up to develop the Ladybird web browser, based on a new engine that does not borrow code from other browsers.

According to a post this week, the new 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, with initial directors being lead developer Andreas Kling and GitHub co-founder Chris Wanstrath, is funded entirely by sponsorships from those who “care about the open web” and will only accept “unrestricted donations.”

Been following Ladybird for a few years whilst it was under Serenity, but things look to be moving now, love the idea of a new Engine, such a shame Presto never got Open Sourced.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Can anyone confirm if that latest update has fixed the YouTube playback issues?

I've not had any issues so far since updating but still early days, so far it seems to improve skipping into a video, etc. without getting random delayed buffering but again early days.

Last edited:
Soldato
One setting to watch out for that Mozilla has enabled by default is "Allow web sites to perform privacy-preserving ad measurement" in the Privacy & Security section of settings, under the Web Site Advertising Preferences header.

Last edited:
Soldato
One setting to watch out for that Mozilla has enabled by default is "Allow web sites to perform privacy-preserving ad measurement" in the Privacy & Security section of settings, under the Web Site Advertising Preferences header.

Does anyone have this with the linux version?

Man of Honour
I specifically left firefox because of this issue, went back to Edge of all browsers :cry:

I get it in other browsers as well, only they handled it more elegantly than Firefox - I don't think it is purely a FF problem. Though so far I've not had it reoccur in Firefox since updating, so far.

Soldato
I get it in other browsers as well, only they handled it more elegantly than Firefox - I don't think it is purely a FF problem. Though so far I've not had it reoccur in Firefox since updating, so far.

Testing it now, i don't mind Edge but i prefer Firefox.

So far so good, 4k clips are playing without stalling which was a huge problem!

Back
Top Bottom