Error details: Code 80240020

Update type: Important

Install the next version of Windows.

More information: 
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507415

Help and Support: 
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=507417

Soldato
Did all the windows updates today. My checker still says I cant have Win10 because I have a 980ti :)

My hidden windows 10 folder has not appeared yet however I have noticed there is a folder in my c:\Windows folder called 'Appreadiness' with todays date on. Its empty.

Soldato
Did all the windows updates today. My checker still says I cant have Win10 because I have a 980ti :)

My hidden windows 10 folder has not appeared yet however I have noticed there is a folder in my c:\Windows folder called 'Appreadiness' with todays date on. Its empty.

I thought that was sorted with the ti......

Soldato

Wow THANK YOU!!! :D

Tried this on command prompt and then 140MB folders and files appeared inside $Windows.~BT folder.

Edit: It still stuck at 140MB so I renamed folder as backup while I ran command again then new folder created with 140MB files and folders then few secs later it grew to 3.72GB. :eek:

I will try use same command on my tablet and 2 laptops to see if folder will created.

Last edited:
Soldato
Checked my wifes laptop and its got the Windows folder 5.90gb and it was done 18:55 today so it must have started about 6.30pm ish.

4v24af.jpg

Soldato
Right, According to the little windows 10 thing in the bottom right corner, I'm good to go. But when PC Gamer on Twitter (or some gaming mag) showed a huge list of supported motherboards, mine, nor ANY Asrock was listed as compatible.

Tad worried. Any advice? Also what's with the 980ti issues? Will it work or not?

Soldato
The failed install errors are normal. It will continue to do it until MS unlock the update server for this country at midnight. When it tries to install after midnight (if it unlocks at midnight) it will install and the failures will be removed......

Nothing to worry about.......... Yet..:D It just means everything is all set to go your end and you are waiting for MS to press the big red button....

Soldato
Right, According to the little windows 10 thing in the bottom right corner, I'm good to go. But when PC Gamer on Twitter (or some gaming mag) showed a huge list of supported motherboards, mine, nor ANY Asrock was listed as compatible.

Tad worried. Any advice?

if you click on the W10 icon you should see report you can click on, if that says your ok then don't worry about it.

does your mobo have ant W10 drivers?

Back
Top Bottom