Windows 10

Soldato
Yeah I can't do anything. Reboots anywhere from 10 to 120 seconds after logging in. Tried reinstalling drivers as quickly as I can and in safe mode. Nada.

Also takes a humongous time to boot up to the login screen; 3 minutes on the latest reboot. And this is a near new Dell Inspiron i7.

Associate
Finally got my MSI GS70 to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 earlier on this evening but it took some time to get it kick started via the command prompt way. Once it got going it installed fine and amazingly everything hardware & software wise on the laptop actually works - bar one device in device manager that is still being investigated. I eventually got it activated as well and it does run really smooth throughout.

Finished off for the evening earlier by downloading the ISO from MS & setting up a bootable USB via Rufus so that I can do a full clean install from scratch on Friday.

Liam.

Soldato
My upgrade went smoothly. I decided not to muck about forcing the upgrade this morning - can't really be bothered with the hassle when things go wrong. Instead, I just waited for the notification. It arrived after I got home from work (about 9:30) and the upgrade was done by 10. Just gave Xbox One game streaming a go. Pretty good. Didn't really play as it's late, but The Witcher 3 worked fine.

I'm having trouble with Cortana, but that seems to relate to my Surface being a US import. I'm sure they'll fix the problem shortly.

Associate
What a pile of SH!?E. Sorry to jump in. No audio (or mic) as both Asus (FormulaZ) and Creative haven't pulled there finger out.
Agree the login screen is pants.
Why it installed stuff like Candy Crush Saga I don't know.
Colour themes seem to go "oh sorry, you background has some green in it but we forgot to change...... here you are"
Agree, goes blank for a while then the very OSX login screen pops up.
Really wanted to like this OS.
Back to 8(.1) or not back to 8(.1)?

Back
Top Bottom