Windows 10

I'm not liking how many of my games/programs aren't working and how much of a shambles the Nvidia graphics drivers appear to be at the moment.

My laptop has also Bluescreened once and before that BSOD was really slow at setting up. I guess I may have to try a fresh install at some point, on my main PC anyway, it's just that I'm confused over which key I should use. My Windows 8.1 Key or the Windows 7 key before it? A reinstall on my laptop is easy as I only have a Windows 7 key...

Associate
I'm not liking how many of my games/programs aren't working and how much of a shambles the Nvidia graphics drivers appear to be at the moment.

My laptop has also Bluescreened once and before that BSOD was really slow at setting up. I guess I may have to try a fresh install at some point, on my main PC anyway, it's just that I'm confused over which key I should use. My Windows 8.1 Key or the Windows 7 key before it? A reinstall on my laptop is easy as I only have a Windows 7 key...

You no longer need a key once windows 10 has activated.

Just skip the input key step on a fresh install and it will activate once windows goes online. Its tied to your PC's hardware ID now.

Soldato
Both my main computer and the Mrs laptop are set up and both working flawlessly so far. Pretty impressed really. I remember back in the dark days when ME launched and it was a complete mess. Hats off to MS!

Soldato
I think servers are overloaded for activation,mine upgraded fine but can't activate says "try later ",no error code and no watermark since it's a upgrade from 8.1.

Yeah makes sense, but I clean installed mine an hour or two ago and activated really fast, however, I did use Audit mode and OOBE to redirect the users folder, other than that a pretty standard install.

Anyone notice that when you install programs (in my case office 365) when you search for the program in the start menu it doesn't show up directly, unless you go into the 'all progrsms' folder? :confused:

Associate
Anyone else unable to activate after upgrade, dispute having previously activated genuine win 8.1 before?

Yes, same here. Upgraded from Win 8.1 and activated fine.
Did a clean install, left the key blank and now unable to activate. This time, the activate button disappears after the first activation failure. Perhaps a feature of their new activation process maybe?

Did a restore back to a Win 8.1 system image and just doing an upgrade of Win 10 over it now. Other articles seem to suggest that its all related to busy servers but seems odd that there's no longer an activate button anymore and The 0xC error codes seem a bit misleading...

Associate
Did a clean install, left the key blank and now unable to activate. This time, the activate button disappears after the first activation failure. Perhaps a feature of their new activation process maybe?

Did a restore back to a Win 8.1 system image and just doing an upgrade of Win 10 over it now. Other articles seem to suggest that its all related to busy servers but seems odd that there's no longer an activate button anymore and The 0xC error codes seem a bit misleading...

If it was a key invalid error then it just needed a couple of restarts.

Soldato

I had that issue, using the files from the upgrade.

I downloaded an ISO from the Microsoft Website, and the activate button didn't dissapear after a failed attempt. Stumped as to why it did on the ISO I made from the ESD file.

Slightly different perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom