Windows 10

Associate
Did something very stupid before and now I do not know how to resolve it.

Basically upgraded my copy of Windows 8.1 to 10 this morning through update, and then I downloaded the iso of windows 10 to do a fresh install.

Installed Windows 10 from the iso, all installed and activated fine, I then realised it was a x86 copy! doh!

So reformatted the drive and installed a x64 copy, and now it will not activate. Any ideas???

Thanks

Permabanned
Getting annoyed now. I've had problem after problem doing everything right.

Upgraded first. Did clean install after.
Booted up again - failed boot device.

Clean install again from usb
Gets in... Updates (finding amd graphics card)
Reboots... Black screen after windows logo -_-

Associate
For those trying to find their win 10 product key.

Cool but its not needed...

Note

If you upgraded to Windows 10 on this PC by taking advantage of the free upgrade offer and successfully activated Windows 10 on this PC in the past, you won't have a Windows 10 product key, and you can skip the product key page by selecting the Skip button. Your PC will activate online automatically so long as the same edition of Windows 10 was successfully activated on this PC by using the free Windows 10 upgrade offer.

Soldato
reinstalled windows 8 plus all updates, what a mission. Reregistered for 10 and update started already. Something must have been wrong in my other install as the prompt never appeared.

Fingers crossed for this time

Soldato
Did something very stupid before and now I do not know how to resolve it.

Basically upgraded my copy of Windows 8.1 to 10 this morning through update, and then I downloaded the iso of windows 10 to do a fresh install.

Installed Windows 10 from the iso, all installed and activated fine, I then realised it was a x86 copy! doh!

So reformatted the drive and installed a x64 copy, and now it will not activate. Any ideas???

Thanks

Would it be because the 32bit and 64bit look for different product keys?

Associate
Would it be because the 32bit and 64bit look for different product keys?

Fixed it, I found a post a few pages back.

When you try and activate windows, it directs you to the store. The store says "windows 10 is genuine" but it did not change the activation status. Had to keep repeating the process and eventually it stuck.

All sorted, wish they just gave out a key though!

Soldato
Not too impressed with win10 after using it for a few hours. Xfi sound was working but not anymore. Witcher 3 crashed after 10 mins. Text is blurry when scaled to 125% and too small at default.
This all feels like a Vista experience. Will go back to Windows 7 tomorrow.

Soldato
Not too impressed with win10 after using it for a few hours. Xfi sound was working but not anymore. Witcher 3 crashed after 10 mins. Text is blurry when scaled to 125% and too small at default.

I'm still waiting for the upgrade. When it does come think I'll wait a few weeks until issues are fixed. Wins 8.1 is running very smooth.

Associate

I am undecided, still feels a little unpolished and thrown together from different directions. The Edge browser feels awkward and unresponsive, and I agree with the scaling.

Back
Top Bottom