Windows 10

Soldato
Update found on my SP4 and didn't take long to install. So far I'm noticing some odd quirks with the scaling compared to the previous version. I have two monitors hooked up at 100% scaling, then the Surface screen itself at 200%. I have the type cover closed so it disables the surface screen, however that then causes the weird issues of some things being twice as large (such as taskbar buttons being twice as wide even though height is normal). A quick signing out and signing back in solves it though.

Man of Honour
Its finally settled down - got the mouse sorted after toggling settings on and off a few times, annoying really though that I don't really see the benefit for the update - maybe there are some under the hood things - mostly I just had to reset things back to how I had them setup before the update and remove pointless new additions that I have no use for, etc.

Think I'm gonna go whole hog and rip out the update stuff entirely and take my chances security wise :( and just not apply any future updates. It just ain't worth it for the hassle of these big updates.

Soldato
Done a clean install of W10 this morning and left it downloading my games etc.

Will see how it goes.

One thing i did notice that the scaling slider in the AMD drivers no longer works so things are sticking outside the screen size. I could change this on Windows 7 without any issues.

Soldato
Hi this morning my keyboard wont respond to log into windows 10 but the mouse works fine ive rebooted the pc still the same even tried another keyboard and still no responce to type in my password.

Any suggestions please

Apems

Soldato
Hi this morning my keyboard wont respond to log into windows 10 but the mouse works fine ive rebooted the pc still the same even tried another keyboard and still no responce to type in my password.

Any suggestions please

Apems

Do you have the ability to get the on screen keyboard working?

could login using that

Soldato
Done a clean install of W10 this morning and left it downloading my games etc.

Will see how it goes.

One thing i did notice that the scaling slider in the AMD drivers no longer works so things are sticking outside the screen size. I could change this on Windows 7 without any issues.

Ignore this comment, this is down to a issue with the AMD drivers in version 17.4.3 and 17.4.2 its just because i haven't updated my gpu drivers in ages and done a W10 install. Will roll back drivers to 17.4.1

Soldato
Eurgh the eternal hell that is windows updates. Windows updates is completely broken on my sp4, cant install the latest updates, having all sorts of issues with software etc. Now im installing an iso of the latest insider build in the hope that that fixes it, but I've had to keep apps and programs in order to continue working (I am actually supposed to be working today :rolleyes) once it's installed. If that doesn't work a full fresh start will be required but that means looking everything and not being able to continue my work until I'm back on site tomorrow.

Not very productive.

Associate
Mine updated ok on Tuesday, but Firefox feels a fraction less responsive and my start menu panel has a speckled/noisy effect all over it which looks horrible.

I got a small update yesterday which it says was for amd64-based systems, though mine is Intel so dont know what that's about.

Wooo 2000th post!

Soldato
Eurgh the eternal hell that is windows updates. Windows updates is completely broken on my sp4, cant install the latest updates, having all sorts of issues with software etc. Now im installing an iso of the latest insider build in the hope that that fixes it, but I've had to keep apps and programs in order to continue working (I am actually supposed to be working today :rolleyes) once it's installed. If that doesn't work a full fresh start will be required but that means looking everything and not being able to continue my work until I'm back on site tomorrow.

Not very productive.

Any reason why you're using the insider build instead of the release build?

My SP4 on the stock image it was shipped with was buggy with updates as well, but I did a clean install after the earlier Creators update came out, and haven't had any issues at all after that.

Soldato
Multi monitor scaling issues, although now the fall update is released at least the public releases have caught up with the scaling fixes MS implemented in the insider builds. I could easily jump out of the insider program until they make any other changes im interested in.

Soldato
Well today I will be going back to Windows 7.

2 days later and as usual my start menu stops working, Click on start button and nothing happens and getting BSOD as well.

Saved game for Slime Rancher will not load and crash with access voilation errors, Works fine on Windows 7 trying another PC.

time to complie a new W7 USB stick and i willbe going back to this when i get time.

Dont think i will be bothering with windows 10 again after this

Soldato
Was it a clean 10 install? As that what you are comparing it to with your 7, a clean install?

I've only had homegroup problems, which I fixed, and issues with outlook which a repair installation auto fixed.

Hopefully nothing else arises.

Back
Top Bottom