Windows 10

Man of Honour
Despite the issues I recently had with it, I still really like Windows 10.

I really like some things about it in concept - in execution though its like they are just bumbling around half arsed attempt here, half arsed attempt there.

They seem to have forgotten that the purpose of an operating system is to enable the user.

V F

V F

Soldato
I really like some things about it in concept - in execution though its like they are just bumbling around half arsed attempt here, half arsed attempt there.

They seem to have forgotten that the purpose of an operating system is to enable the user.

All your base are belong to us.

Soldato
how do I disable "your people"

21st century people use discord or skype.

don't need this msn looking crap on my taskbar

Yeah I got rid of the " People Button " by right clicking on the task bar and un-ticked the " people button" , didnt know it was there though...I was doing something else and just saw it there and got rid of it , did it on my lappy, then on my PC too .

Soldato
Well it happened again with the January 2018 update! (see my post above Dec 13th) Updating the latest quality update (2018-01) via Windows Update didn't work - install stuck at 99% installed (after hours!). Had to clear the windows update "SoftwareDistribution" folders and then install the whole file from the Microsoft update download page. Getting fed up with this rigmarole. My wife's z97 PC installed the update in minutes and my yoga installed it with no hassle. MUST be the age of my CPU (i7/920 - X58) / board?

Happened again for 31/1/18 update - installed but then said "restart required to complete the installation" but (multiple) restart (s) had no effect. I had to uninstall, delete SoftwareDistribution folder and reinstall from complete file as before - getting fed up with this each month!

Soldato
I have a lot of people getting creators update and its frequently breaking office 2007, various combinations of all OK but send as email broken in word (or other apps), outlook error "not supported", and constant installing office when you open an office app... all fixable... 5 windows installs totally broken by the update..... so its making me money.. GOGO Team Microsoft...!!! probably made £600 from this creators update rollout so far... fingers crossed for more of this

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I have a lot of people getting creators update and its frequently breaking office 2007, various combinations of all OK but send as email broken in word (or other apps), outlook error "not supported", and constant installing office when you open an office app... all fixable... 5 windows installs totally broken by the update..... so its making me money.. GOGO Team Microsoft...!!! probably made £600 from this creators update rollout so far... fingers crossed for more of this

Must be why they have announced the new Office is only going to be on Windows 10.

V F

V F

Soldato
How on earth do you permanently disable the Windows Update service? Windows keeps enabling it after several hours for god sake!

Permabanned
Windows needs regular updates. For viruses protection, bugs protection, vulnerabilities protection.

I don't understand what this phobia is to disable something this crucial/critical for normal operation :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom