Windows 10

Caporegime
15:21 - Have you done it yet?

18:20

20h1here.jpg

:p

Associate
How's the latest update treating everyone?
I've currently got a wait time of 90 days for feature updates via a gpedit, let the masses beta test that **** before I touch it. :D

Soldato
How's the latest update treating everyone?
I've currently got a wait time of 90 days for feature updates via a gpedit, let the masses beta test that **** before I touch it. :D

I got so fed up with updates I usually run with windows update disabled just re-enable it now and then when I'm not doing anything

Caporegime
I hate microsoft and windows 10 so bloody god damn much,

stop rebooting my god damn computer when I'm asleep and it's busy doing stuff...... if you arent going to auto log back in and continue with the same thing it was doing.....
then I log back in and it tries to force some stupid new browser on me,.

i just wanna slap bill gates and tell him windows 10 is stupid as hell and should do as it's told

Man of Honour
if you arent going to auto log back in and continue with the same thing it was doing.....

Even more annoying if you leave it doing something that doesn't just resume... like if it is actively driving hardware like a 3D printer or something...

Either the developers are muppet level of out of touch with real world use or actually find it amusing to be vindictive.

Soldato

I've seen this one. I think it was broken before, as you would get your SSD trimmed every 30 days regardless of your scheduled settings. It looks like MS tried to fix that and ended up breaking it the other way, where it trims 2-4 times a day, and constantly tells you it's never been optimised and needs to be optimised. This is basic stuff Microsoft, did no one even check to see if the new code worked?

Soldato
They do all their internal testing in VMs...

How do you think that almost every update and feature update has one issue or another on systems in the wild.

Do they do any testing internally? I thought MS sacked all their testers and are now doing it all via their Insider Program?

What's more annoying, is that if you have a hunt around the internet, it seems this bug has been reported by Insiders for months, and simply not fixed before this major release. That's probably the case for almost all the bugs, like the major "makes all your storage space drives inaccessible" bug. :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
What's more annoying, is that if you have a hunt around the internet, it seems this bug has been reported by Insiders for months, and simply not fixed before this major release. That's probably the case for almost all the bugs, like the major "makes all your storage space drives inaccessible" bug.

It is a total joke - people reporting it all over the "official" MS forums - except they are only official when they agree with what MS want to see all other times they ignore and deflect to the feedback hub - but then you go over to the feedback hub and people have been reporting the same thing for even longer there to no avail. Then when some major issue happens there is hand wringing and talk of changing priority features, etc. on the feedback hub but nothing ever comes of it in terms of a fundamental change.

Even just 1-2 MS employees who actively participated on the Windows 10 forum would make a huge difference to both the quality of Windows 10 development and the quality of life experience of the OS for the end user. (EDIT: Assuming that was actually taken onboard - awhile back one of the semi-official reps (Susan Bradley) went to a huge effort to gather feedback off their own back and were essentially sidelined from their position because of it...)

There is a serious need for a kick up the arse when it comes to strategic vision within the project leadership on Windows 10.

The one time I actually had a chance to try and discuss with a developer some stuff with Windows 10 they actively dodged any engagement and later made a scathing post on their blog loosely, though not entirely, aimed at me - so I don't tend to waste time calling it out for what it is these days.

Associate
Had an absolute disaster of an experience with 2004, all from a fresh install.
Wouldn't mind but everything had been going fine....made my timed backups at certain points, and then ran into trouble with stuck boots, application hangs etc. Cant be dealing with that.
Uninstalled the KB that a lot of people are highlighting, but no change on my end.

Spent the afternoon putting a 1909 ISO together and I'm going to give 2004 an extremely, extremely wide berth.

Associate
Do they do any testing internally? I thought MS sacked all their testers and are now doing it all via their Insider Program?
They also had a large amount of actual computers to do testing on so that they could cover a large majority of what would be out in the wild to stop issues like those that are happening with windows 10, but they fired all their testers and any internal testing is done on VMs before it goes to the insiders (I believe Barnacules actually mentioned how internal testing is done now) and even then a lot of stuff is missed because the insiders wouldn't even cover the massive amount of system variations out there.

Caporegime
What the actual ****!

Ive just had Edge forced onto me, just had KB4559309 come through, while i was away, came back, noticed down by the clock, i had the Windows Update icon sitting there, on about a restart, so went into my updates, to see wtf it was, and found the bugger saying something had installed, and i needed to restart, was only when id restarted, that i found it was Edge, as the bugger was opened automatically, full-screen, on my Desktop, with the big Get Started job in the middle of it, which i had to click on, before i could X the **** off! :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
What the actual ****!

Ive just had Edge forced onto me, just had KB4559309 come through, while i was away, came back, noticed down by the clock, i had the Windows Update icon sitting there, on about a restart, so went into my updates, to see wtf it was, and found the bugger saying something had installed, and i needed to restart, was only when id restarted, that i found it was Edge, as the bugger was opened automatically, full-screen, on my Desktop, with the big Get Started job in the middle of it, which i had to click on, before i could X the **** off! :mad:
You should have ended it with Task Manager. That's what I did.

Back
Top Bottom