Windows 10

Man of Honour
You need to disable your automatic updates,, my win10 never reboots, as it never checks for updates unless I say so.

Problem with this a good number of my Windows 10 devices are mid-spec portable devices that I use out and about, etc. I don't want to fully disable updates (for security reasons, etc. especially as MS has dropped the ball on security so often lately and had to rush out fixes) but the amount of times my usage gets interrupted by feature updates, etc. takes the mick. All the options to defer etc. don't really accomplish it and some stuff just seems to come through any way. And 9/10th of those updates I neither want or need and too often actually detract from the experience.

They sorely lack a focussed user model where the end user can focus the OS on what they need for their usage... developers heads are firmly up their own bottoms :s

V F

V F

Soldato
Problem with this a good number of my Windows 10 devices are mid-spec portable devices that I use out and about, etc. I don't want to fully disable updates (for security reasons, etc. especially as MS has dropped the ball on security so often lately and had to rush out fixes) but the amount of times my usage gets interrupted by feature updates, etc. takes the mick. All the options to defer etc. don't really accomplish it and some stuff just seems to come through any way. And 9/10th of those updates I neither want or need and too often actually detract from the experience.

They sorely lack a focussed user model where the end user can focus the OS on what they need for their usage... developers heads are firmly up their own bottoms :s

People used to joke about during the mid 00s. "All your base are belong to us"

Caporegime
I may be taking the 2004 plunge :eek:, im all backed up, and getting it down onto a USB flash, just in case it goes boobies up, and i'll have to do a fresh install :p

It may be saying its ready for me to just down and install, but im taking no chances! :D

Soldato
I may be taking the 2004 plunge :eek:, im all backed up, and getting it down onto a USB flash, just in case it goes boobies up, and i'll have to do a fresh install :p

It may be saying its ready for me to just down and install, but im taking no chances! :D
I'd wait until patch Tuesday spits out the monthly updates before taking the plunge. Unless you're in a rush? ;)

Soldato
Still no 2004 for me.

I'm seeing a lot of warnings in the event log saying

App manifest validation warning: Declared namespace http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2019/bundle is inapplicable, it will be ignored during manifest processing.

The XML is

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-AppxPackagingOM" Guid="{ba723d81-0d0c-4f1e-80c8-54740f508ddf}" />
<EventID>216</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>4</Task>
<Opcode>11</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-04T15:23:34.876976500Z" />
<EventRecordID>58156</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="6404" ThreadID="8456" />
<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-AppxPackaging/Operational</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-1.albertden.local</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="namespace">http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2019/bundle</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Caporegime
I'd wait until patch Tuesday spits out the monthly updates before taking the plunge. Unless you're in a rush? ;)

Don't say that, im already scared! :p

EDIT:

I bottled, going to wait for a bug fix patch or 2 first, im all backed up, and have it down on USB for if i need to do a fresh, so no hurry, not like theres a lot of new things in it anyway is there, and that HAGS does nowt :D

Last edited:
Soldato
If it's a xonar that's a common issue when upgrading. reinstalling the drivers fixes that.

20161 was released to insiders a few days ago, some people are getting the new start menu and taskbar layouts but MS are being pretty selective about who they are turning the features on for. I havent got either yet :p

Permabanned
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom